Keep an eye out for Redline mag for the next couple of month

weggy

Advanced Member
I have been featured in Redline I had the photoshoot on the 1st of July it should be in either the next edition or the 1 after. I think the plan is to have it in the next issue.

It will be a cover feature with 2 other cars showing the kind of cars that you can get from japan. Now that the rules have changed with cars under 10 years old they wanted to show a selection of imports that can be used everyday but still can give you big thrills. Also showing the kind of mods that can be done to enhance the already great cars.

There was myself and a 350z and an mitsi evolution 7.

I have to say that the day was fantastic and although I am now burnt to a crisp it was well worth it. The guys from Redline were massively professional and extremely friendly and the other car owners were top guys with beautiful examples of there respective cars.

I would like to thank Richy and Simon at Performance Autoworks for helping me pick the right parts to create a fantastic car and also for the excellent quality of the work that has made it such a perfect allrounder. I hope that this gives you more good advertising that you deserve.
I would also like to thank Shelly and Bryn from club Jap for the help preping the car for the shoot, I have to say Shelly you are scarely quick at polishing especially with the finish you achieve.

I cannot wait to see the feature as some of the lay ups look great that I saw.

I hope that you guys like it as it has always been an ambition to get my car featured.

carfiend

Advanced Member
A 350z sure but using an Evo 7 every day?

I miss my teg. It was fun, reliable, decent on oil and fuel, servicing and parts were reasonable. If only my arse wasn't so big.

garytc78

Advanced Member
Mark you old dog I can't wait to see this feature hope they do the teg justice but I have a feeling we may be seeing a few chavs pitching up.
Will ring you later mate about nextmonth ;)

dave c

400hp K20
nice one mate, crontragtulations any pics of the car from the shoot yet or do we have to wait for the magazine?

Dave

weggy

Advanced Member
I took 1 or 2 I will try to upload but I will imagine that the ones for the feature will come out fantastic.

I must say that Redline has improved in my eyes as they seem to go for properly modified cars and have tried to distance themselves from the max power, fastcar crowd.

ladykb

Advanced Member
Funny I should see this thread today because my hubby came home with that today because he saw the DC5, what's even funnier is I am due to get my DC5 in 10 days but my other 2 options and test drives were an FQ-300 and a 350z.

Not bad for a chick hey lol \:D/

BazzaLomas

Had a quick look in the newsagents today, factually its a little bit out..

From memory the manufacturing dates are way out as are the suggested prices?

Good effort though mate, I haven't looked in Redline for some years as IMO it was full gav's with trevved up nova's and astras, the kit IMO fits in with that but good eggs for getting in the mag.

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
BazzaLomas said:
... I haven't looked in Redline for some years as IMO it was full gav's with trevved up nova's and astras, the kit IMO fits in with that but good eggs for getting in the mag.
To be fair to Redline, it has always been a classier mag than Max Power or Fast Car... The featured cars tend to be better + it doesn't look like a top shelf magazine like the other two do... :roll:

Mark_teg

Staff member
Most of what they have said though is a load of :xshot:

A DC5 for £4.5k :-k
JDM EP3 £2.9k :?

C2BDB

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Most of what they have said though is a load of :xshot:

A DC5 for £4.5k :-k
JDM EP3 £2.9k :?
agreed thats what i thought :xconfused:

ladykb

Advanced Member
Yeah I agree finished Reading and does seem inaccurate especially on pricing!

Rob84

Advanced Member
it also says that the facelifted DC5 hasn't been imported yet...... WRONG! ](*,) how magazines can be so wrong is beyond me. it doesnt take a genius to think to do some proper research on a particular make and model of car before featuring it :xconfused:

Hoodster

Advanced Member
These magazines can say anything they want in there articles because the audience they reach out to can only look at the pictures anyway :xlol: :xlol:

giandc5

Advanced Member
ladykb said:
Funny I should see this thread today because my hubby came home with that today because he saw the DC5, what's even funnier is I am due to get my DC5 in 10 days but my other 2 options and test drives were an FQ-300 and a 350z.

Not bad for a chick hey lol \:D/
How did you find the 350z compared to the dc5 ladykb.