Keevil May 15th

Wootty

Advanced Member
Duncs and I have just booked up for this... £99 through motorsports-events.com

So if anyone down this way and wants so come out and play then book up..!

Need to see if my superior engine power is a match for Dunc's superior driving skills :lol:

Duncs

should be running stainless brake hoses and Motul fluid by then, so i'm going to be Standing on the brakes as late as i can, and let the advans do the rest!!

mr jackson is going to work hard that day, good job the straights look pretty short, hopefully i will stay with you then,
i need to come out with you and get the 'super' charge ride :lol:

fetch a chair as i have invested in a Marqueee, (a 2mx2m gazebo) hey its a posh one its got sides, shame i cut it down by 300mm though as it was to tall :shock:

Wootty

Advanced Member
Duncs said:
should be running stainless brake hoses and Motul fluid by then, so i'm going to be Standing on the brakes as late as i can, and let the advans do the rest!!

mr jackson is going to work hard that day, good job the straights look pretty short, hopefully i will stay with you then,
i need to come out with you and get the 'super' charge ride :lol:

fetch a chair as i have invested in a Marqueee, (a 2mx2m gazebo) hey its a posh one its got sides, shame i cut it down by 300mm though as it was to tall :shock:
Well both Mr Jacksons, Mr Dunlop D01J's, Mr Spoon Baff Sump and hopefully Mr Fujitsubo :wink: will be waiting..... :lol:

Actually - stand on those brakes all you want matey.. you'll be behiind me anyway.. :lol:

Duncs

oh no, 2 of mr jacksons Superchargers, how shall i keep up :?

be good to see you !!!!
bit of fun before the season starts then?

Wootty

Advanced Member
If we get the camera set up we can have a bit of the Italian Job red, white and blue round the twisties.

Thepasty

I'm coming along with the old man (sharpey), I've managed to borrow a bullet cam for some incar filming action!

I've just got to make sure I've got enough tape, dads bound to go off at some point and I want to catch it when he does! :D

I'll be having a drive too, so play nice out there!

steve

jonster

Advanced Member
I can't make this one because of being on a training course in London unfortunately. Sods law it conflicts. Would have loved to have join you all.

Have a good one and don't wipe-out of hit each other.

Duncs - you don't stand a chance against the Jackson / Dunlop monsters. I don't think I would either even if I took all my seats out :)

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Shame you cant make it Jon it would have been good to catch up and as for Thepasty above cheeky little sod i'm not going to let him drive now :xsmachbottom:

DP.

Advanced Member
Im thinking about doing one of the Donington evening sessions with bookatrack but if anyone spots any reasonable full day events there then let me know :)

I have booked cadwell for next month.... want to book one at Oulton Park too

Wootty

Advanced Member
Just finally got back in after a long weekend surfing and mountian biking down croyde/putsborough. Gonna have to get up early to put the wheels on in the morning for this :shock:

Had the MB and the surfboard, 6 man tent, petrol cooker, clothing and wetsuits in the car - amazing what you can get in the back of one of these things!!! :lol:

Duncs

well i'm back, where are you 2?
great day again weather iffy in the morning but cleared up fine,

i had as described a 'spectacular off' committed the cardinal sin of lifting and braking mid bend at speed, lost it totally and went about 40-50mtrs into the grass,
no harm done to the car, just that honda never mean't to make such a large lawnmower!!!!
my confidence took a battereing though, Cheers for the tea Wootty!!!!

went straight back out, couple of quiet laps then back on it!!!!

Wootty

Advanced Member
Great day once it dried up. I too spun of on my third lap in the rain. But I had some nice wide tarmac to slide over and no one was near me either this time. :lol:

Blummin hell Sharpey - you dont beleive in warmup laps do you :lol: Let you go on the first one out as I was warming up and man you were gone :lol:

Was peed off with those flippin Lotus's - one minute they were trying to get past each other two abreast round the chichane - the next they were a rolling road block and wouldn't move over... But still - a great day

So whens the next one :lol:

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Agree with the above a good day all round especially after the doom and gloom with the poring rain when we arrived shame the sun didn't come out a bit more so Duncs could put his Gazebo up, I was surprised with the amount of grip with all the water about at the start it makes a change for someone else to go off and not me :lol:

Good to see Duncan again and meet Chris for the first time, my lad Steve enjoyed himself his confidence was growing all day I am sure he will put some of the in car video up once he has edited it I kept getting tangled up with the wires hanging from the bullet cam clipped to the mirror.

This will be the last time I will be allowed out to play until after the holiday season so hope to catch up with you all again in the Autumn

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
So chaps

What was the venue like compared to Hullavington ?

If all goes to plan (please god) I'm hoping to do Keevil in August as I'm on Holiday that week :idea:

Mike

Thepasty

I havent been on many track days (3 when driving i think), but I thought this one was run really well, everyone was friendly, the marshaling was top notch, not too many cars on track at a time yet there was little wait to get on track.

I liked the track alot altho it was weird having cones marking the layout at first.

I'm editing video as i type but I've got 2 1/2 hrs to trawl through :shock:

steve

Wootty

Advanced Member
Agree with you Chris.

Track layout is more trickier than Hullavington and the whole circuit is quicker. You dont have that long straight like Hullavington but thats boring after you've done Keevil. And I was only 10mph slower at the braking point before the hairpin that at the end of the longer straight at Hullavington. But that chicane on the straight is good if you get it right and that fast left hander is great (when dry :oops: ).

So Mike - get yourself down there and have some fun.

Just dont do an impression of a Honda Lawnmower like Duncs did :lol: