Keyless Entry Optional Extra?

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Ive read a few articles that the DC5 came with a keyless entry system as an optional extra......?

I came across it when i imported my DC5 last year...... and a couple times since..... but does anyone actually have it installed??????

ste01

Advanced Member
I thought it was standard...mine has it but I don't use the Honda fob anymore

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
pretty sure it just honda remote Central locking

most people have a cat1 fitted in the uk so we all have it :).

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Anyone have a picture of the fob? I have a plain square fob in my cars service history folder and never bothered to see if it does anything.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Anyone have a picture of the fob? I have a plain square fob in my cars service history folder and never bothered to see if it does anything.
Yeah that will be the one Max. I had one but it gave up on me. So I got the guy who fitted my Thatcham to wire up the central locking to the Hornet alarm. Now it's only one button to open or close! Easy.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Well the big button on my Cobra is open/close but not sure what the other one does lol probably headlights.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
On my Hornet I have two buttons. If I press the right one then the left one, the car opens but no beep beep.
If I press the left it opens and goes beep beep!

Beep beep!

truupR

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
On my Hornet I have two buttons. If I press the right one then the left one, the car opens but no beep beep.
If I press the left it opens and goes beep beep!

Beep beep!
I've got a hornet system on mine. Mines got 3 buttons though :/ Lock, unlock and a little yellow frost sign in the middle (no clue what it does). Any way to disable the 'beep beep' when it locks and unlocks? It's deafening and makes everyone look at me funny when I lock it in the work car-park :<

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Mines a Cobra. Three buttons. Open, unlock, and for older people, where did I park my car in this huge car park.

Regards.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Shortstuff said:
I thought Keyless entry is where its just in your pocket and you can open the door?
Yeh i agree, keyless is where you dont need a key or fob, it detects you as you aproach, latest rangerovers and high end cars have it, this was never an option on a dc5, dc5's were available with remote locking as an option

Rom

Advanced Member
Industry norm is

Keyless = No key needed to unlock ie use a button, remote central locking
Smart Key = Proximity sensors, car will unlock when key is in range and handle it used (normally a button on handle too)

To my knowledge, if its smart key, it also has push start, they kind with no ignition barrel.

Obviously, some brands will use the Term Keyless entry for whatever they feel like. But originally, keyless meant just that, you didnt use a key blade.

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Industry norm is

Keyless = No key needed to unlock ie use a button, remote central locking
Smart Key = Proximity sensors, car will unlock when key is in range and handle it used (normally a button on handle too)

To my knowledge, if its smart key, it also has push start, they kind with no ignition barrel.

Obviously, some brands will use the Term Keyless entry for whatever they feel like. But originally, keyless meant just that, you didnt use a key blade.
Thanks! Cleared it right up!