Kinda makes you angry...

Cam

Advanced Member
Saw this facelift DC5 a few weeks ago on Pistonheads, looked like a massive bargain at £8,500 and it was as it was sold within a few days...
[later removed for privacy reasons]

Today I notice the same car is now up for sale from a dealer at £10,750... £2,250 more.
[later removed for privacy reasons]

Feel sorry for whoever buys it next. Depressing really. :mellow:

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I really wanted that actual car!! Couldn't get rid of my focus in time. Was gutted! Got an 04 plate now instead but its not as clean as that one looked. It was an amazing bargain too. Gutted I missed out on it but still I've got one now. An older one with more mileage and a few teething problems but I've got one!

paul 16v

Advanced Member
If you snooze you loose!! I agree modmedia thats what a dealer does.He has to outlay the 8500 quid and there is not guarantee the car will sell for 10500!! And it could take a while to sell.

Cam

Advanced Member
^^ I believe you're missing the point of the topic... it wasn't: about good business sense, it's the fact a genuine buyer has missed out on owning it for this price and will have to pay ++more, which is unfortunate for the Honda enthusiasts among us.

Stoo

Whining.....
Again. Snooze, lose.

If a genuine enthusiast/ buyer got there first, they would have had it.

Haters gona hate

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Guess its a conscience thing then. A bit like people clogging up ticketmaster phone lines and buying tickets to gigs they have no intention of going to. All so they can make money out of the genuine fans. I'd never buy tickets for more than face value out of principle but I guess everyone has their own take on it.

Garages are businesses, there to make money, there's no denying that. Shame they can't be happy with just ripping people off on part ex though.

hoho

Advanced Member
Yeah i remember that facelift for £8.5 ...took me a couple of days to get money ready for it as i was short of £4k. Once i had the cash it was sadly sold :( "you snooze, you lose" i guess

ckh

Advanced Member
Yea i saw this too! wouldn't mind buying one.....but i was slow too.......

kas.366377

Hi guys,

I wanted this car when it was on for sale on Pistonheads for £8500 too! I spoke to the guy on the phone and he seemed like a genuine person. He had to sell the car because of unfortunate circumstances ( i wont disclose out of respect but definitely genuine ). I had the money ready but someone got there before me. I missed out on it because the seller was a genuine lad and was looking for a quick sale because of his circumstances. Because he had never used the car for a while, it needed a service, wheels refurbed, and other bits and bobs.

Anyway, The guy who bought the car actually is a member of this forum and he got their before me. He owns an NSX so this was just purely business for a bit of profit (he knew it was a bargain), He serviced and and put the car back into its glorious condition and put it up for sale for a quick buck... He is also a private trader so used his traders account on autotrader, but in fact he's a MASSIVE Honda enthusiast (owns an awesome NSX, and 2.2 prelude for trackdays)!

So.... I bought it! And for a very good price :) although i ended up paying approx 1400 more then originally advertised, i didn't have to refurb rims, service,etc etc and the car is stunning. Anyway im the proud the owner of it. Ive been looking for a DC5 for approx 1 year and viewed many, but didn't find the right one. But this one is an absolute beauty! absolutely unblemished! very happy owner right here!

Sorry guys, she's mine ;)

Cam

Advanced Member
So.... I bought it! And for a very good price :) although i ended up paying approx 1400 more then originally advertised, i didn't have to refurb rims, service,etc etc and the car is stunning. Anyway im the proud the owner of it. Ive been looking for a DC5 for approx 1 year and viewed many, but didn't find the right one. But this one is an absolute beauty! absolutely unblemished! very happy owner right here!

Sorry guys, she's mine ;)
:lol: Nice to know the whole picture and that it was a happy ending... it's made me feel much better. ;)

Have fun, she is a beauty.

Edit: removed links and picture for privacy reasons.

Cam

Advanced Member
Bump^...

[removed]

Why is it being sold again back down at £8500, is it a lemon? :blink:

kas.366377

Hi Cam,

yes definitely an error! i've emailed Pistonheads, asking them to remove it! Please can you also remove link for privacy reasons. Thanks