Knock sensor help needed

CrouchyM

Mine broke when unplugging it, fitted a pattern one from an EP3 but I‘ve still got the the EML and my car drives like crap.

OEM part numbers are different but the sensors look identical, can anyone tell me if I 100% need a DC5 sensor?

Thanks

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
I fitted an ebay one to trial and so far its been ok. Pretty sure they are the same part from ep3/dc5. Are your connectors clean? Wiring in ok condition..?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

CrouchyM

bxlyheathsupra said:
I fitted an ebay one to trial and so far its been ok. Pretty sure they are the same part from ep3/dc5. Are your connectors clean? Wiring in ok condition..?

My car was completely fine before the sensor got broken on removal of the connector.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
CrouchyM said:
My car was completely fine before the sensor got broken on removal of the connector.
Ive heard some patten ones dont work.. ive heard ebay ones dont but thought id try. Maybe you have just been unlucky and have a dud one. Have you tried disconnecting battery to see if that clears the issue somehow?

CrouchyM

bxlyheathsupra said:
Ive heard some patten ones dont work.. ive heard ebay ones dont but thought id try. Maybe you have just been unlucky and have a dud one. Have you tried disconnecting battery to see if that clears the issue somehow?

Yeah code came back, same issue. I might just have to bite the bullet and buy genuine 🤢

Fez

Advanced Member
I fitted genuine one from jap service parts as they were the cheapest at the time

bethtowse

I had the same problem and ended up fitting a genuine Honda one from Tegiwa Imports. Fixed the fault instantly 😃