Knocking from the rear end??

willymick

Since I got the car I've had a knocking/rattling noise from the back end when I'm on a bumpy road or run over a pothole. Initially thought it was the anti roll bushes as from previous experience thats what it sounds like, but had them checked (TGM) and there was no movement in them, had them replaced anyway though. Noise persisted and I had the exhaust checked to make sure nothing was making contact with it and it was fine too. Anything at the back end that I'm not thinking of? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike

JAY_ITR

Since I got the car I've had a knocking/rattling noise from the back end when I'm on a bumpy road or run over a pothole. Initially thought it was the anti roll bushes as from previous experience thats what it sounds like, but had them checked (TGM) and there was no movement in them, had them replaced anyway though. Noise persisted and I had the exhaust checked to make sure nothing was making contact with it and it was fine too. Anything at the back end that I'm not thinking of? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mike

Had a similar problem with my DC2 recently and it turned out to be the bushes at the end of arb and drop links. Its a little hard to find but if you jack the rear end up off the floor it should be easier to notice any movement.

Coupe Rob

Advanced Member
I had a similar problem a couple of month back. Kind of a knocking/whirring noise.

Turned out to be the ns rear wheel bearing. Was about £50/60 from Honda dealership

Could be your problem. Hard to really tell without a garage having a look.

willymick

Have had the car down to TGM and they put it up on the ramp, pulled and poked at everything and couldnt see any movement. Tom said it could be movement in the springs but seeing as they were Eibach ones and are seated correctly its unlikely. The sound is exactly like rear droplinks as I've had to do them in a few of my previous cars but its not them this time...A mystery!!

I had a similar problem a couple of month back. Kind of a knocking/whirring noise.

Turned out to be the ns rear wheel bearing. Was about £50/60 from Honda dealership

Could be your problem. Hard to really tell without a garage having a look.

Stoo

Whining.....
Could be anything.
ARB droplinks
LCA Bushes
Wheel bearing
Top mount
Lower strut bush
exhaust mounts....

Loads of possibilities

Checked its not the toolkit rattling??

willymick

What are LCA bushes? And were are they? Also prob is when I'm checking underneath the car its on a lift which has the wheels off the ground and the suspension is de-compressed.. As is everything underneath the car.. Defo not ARB links though, TGM replaced them just in case..Definitely not the toolkit rattling as i dont have one :xconfused:

jon-dc5

Advanced Member
What are LCA bushes? And were are they? Also prob is when I'm checking underneath the car its on a lift which has the wheels off the ground and the suspension is de-compressed.. As is everything underneath the car.. Defo not ARB links though, TGM replaced them just in case..Definitely not the toolkit rattling as i dont have one :xconfused:
LCA- Lower control arms