Knocking front suspension

shauny

Hi,

I have been noticing that the front suspension makes slight nocking sounds when going very slowly (under 10mph).I have quite an uneven drive with stones and small pot holes etc this is then I notice it.

Could it be the top mounts? Its not doing it at all at speed,just at low speed.

cheers.

licky

Hi mate i have the same problem i have changed the strut mount and still knocking i have looked at the shocker and i has excessive play and causing the wheel to move and also affect the handling. Ps i have standard shockers on my Teg.

The One

Hi lads I'm having the same problems now with mine, its on 75,000 miles. I've replaced the anti-roll bar drop links but that hasn't cured it so I was going to go for the shock top mounts and bearings next. The next step are the lower control arm bushings and then the ball joints. Thats the process of elimination from cheapest/easiest to do up to more expensive and a complete balls to do.
So have ye got rid of the knocking yet abd if so what was it???

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Hi lads I'm having the same problems now with mine, its on 75,000 miles. I've replaced the anti-roll bar drop links but that hasn't cured it so I was going to go for the shock top mounts and bearings next. The next step are the lower control arm bushings and then the ball joints. Thats the process of elimination from cheapest/easiest to do up to more expensive and a complete balls to do.
So have ye got rid of the knocking yet abd if so what was it???
I had this problem when my suspension was standard, after i stripped out the front struts and took the springs off i noticed that there was alot of road dirt and grime around the top mount, after further inspection i noticed that the top mounts had leaked the grease out and the dirt was sticking to it and causing creaks and knocks.

The top mount on the OEM setup are of very poor quality imo they just work on lubrication inside the mount itself when turning and doesnt use a bearing, so over time the grease leaks out and everything sticks to it causing noise and premature wear, this is the route i would take first if everything else on the suspension and steering seems fine.

The top mounts were about £25 each from Honda.

The One

I had this problem when my suspension was standard, after i stripped out the front struts and took the springs off i noticed that there was alot of road dirt and grime around the top mount, after further inspection i noticed that the top mounts had leaked the grease out and the dirt was sticking to it and causing creaks and knocks.

The top mount on the OEM setup are of very poor quality imo they just work on lubrication inside the mount itself when turning and doesnt use a bearing, so over time the grease leaks out and everything sticks to it causing noise and premature wear, this is the route i would take first if everything else on the suspension and steering seems fine.

The top mounts were about £25 each from Honda.
Cheers mate. That'll be the first step hopefully it fixes it.