Knocking/grinding noise when wet/raining :( help needed please

Javirai1

Advanced Member
Hi guys!

I've got a horrible knocking and grinding noise coming from the car when it's raining and wet. No problems when dry though :(

Sounds like its either coming from my wheel or suspension right beside me around my drivers wheel......

I thought at first it could be my pads sticking or something but also gives me grief when stationery too?..

Anyone experienced this or can help?

Cheers,

Ry

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be water getting between exhaust and shields, heating up and boiling off. It happens to most unless you remove all the shields.

Javirai1

Advanced Member
thanks for your help!!

:( Such a pain as it means i cant drive it when its raining heavily....which is rubbish!

are the heat shields easy to take off do you know?

sounds as though my exhaust is about to drop off and makes my car feel rough when accelerating :(

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
They all do this bud, EP3 as well.

Just the water boiling off the exhaust and heatshields, noise is horrific, and your right the car feel crap when accelerating.

Unfortunately it's just a trait of the car. Just have to live with it, can still drive in the rain, just take it easy, which is advisable anyway.

nellly

Advanced Member
i have read about this but i have never heard it on mine. there must be something more to this as every one would make some noise.

tico_87

Advanced Member
Mine does this everytime is rains hard. First time I absolutely crap myself and thought the gearbox was breaking into pieces lol

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I would add i've only heard it once, and it was torrential rain, not heavy but as in almost flooding rain...

Javirai1

Advanced Member
interesting........... so you had a new manifold fitted integraleo and it stopped??? yeah happens when its raining hard and torrential rain........ drove to work this morning crapping myself with my fingers crossed that it wouldnt rain! lol

even when crawling at 20mph in the rain it feels as though its about to fall off :(