Knocking noise from left front after lowering this springs

NiTrO

Advanced Member
Hi,
yesterday I droped mein teg.

I had no problem, everything was fine. On my testdrive I heard a knocking noise from the left front when I was steering to right a drove slow over a bump. When I drove straight there was no noise.

It sounds like something isn´t fix like the steering link or something like this, but I checked everything three times.

What can it be?

Also I noticed that my driveshaft on the left side has a little bit 'clearance' (play) when I moved it forward and back (to engine to brake).

Is this normal?

JT3173

Advanced Member
Hi Daniel,

It could be that yoour spring is not tight enough to the shock stops, if you know whhat I mean. When I had my Buddy Club dampers fitted one of the rear springs was not tight enough and thhe spring was moving and making a banging sound when I went over bumps.

PS Nice Avatar (of my car) :lol:

I was going to use that one that the professional photographer did when it was posted up on the site :( :wink:

NiTrO

Advanced Member
Yes, I know what you mean. But I think that´s no the prob.

Nobody else!? :?

mikegsi

Staff member
this is a common issue after replacing stock springs, mine did it too now and again, always only on the front left!

some people tried turning the sring a little, others left it and it went away with time

NiTrO

Advanced Member
Okay, nice.
I also have the idea to turn the springs. It is a little bit better, but not fixed.

What is with the "play" (is it called play, don´t know) of the driveshaft?