Knocking noise

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Is the knocking rotational? As in is it constant when the car rolls or only when hitting bumps.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Mine was prone to it on uneven roads
New top mounts resolved it for me

But after I changed the front top mounts over the same unforgiving uneven road I heard more subtle knocking else where. Rear drop links and arb bushes changed and resolved :)

Dc5888

When reversing with steering turn to left there's a click sound now, guessing iTs the driveshaft. But the knocking is still there and mostly happens on uneven road or going over humps, think I just want It to be soundless apart from the tyres sound.

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Have you tried just tightening the topmounts first? It sounds like these are your issue though

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ive been in search of a knock on mine for years. Has been getting better as bits have been replaced but there is still one there, ive done:

Driveshafts, and cv joints many times,
Track rod ends,
Bushes changed,
Droplinks changed,
Top mounts,
Brand new Shocks,
Spoon springs
Engine mounts,

And still i have a clunk occasionally...think ball joints and bearings are next on the hitlist when money allows, but both have been checked and are fine atm anyway. changing all of the above hasn't been cheap. Lol they are stiff cars so i have just decided to buy another run around car to try and calm my ocd for a perfect noise free teg. Lol

Dc5888

Ek9 for a drive isn't a bad car for a run around, as long it doesn't make oil disappear. Haven't got around to tightening the top mount, which is my next thing to change, so will b changing it when I get my springs of samy, just hope it solves the knocking as its getting annoying, could it possibly be the engine mounts?

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Update from tgm, the knocking noise are from the spoon spring knocking against each other when they are compressed

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mechanic says the passenger side CV boot is leaking grease which is highly likely causing the clicking noise I get on full lock.

Says I need to get a CV joint kit, Honda OEM best for this?

Also will this affect the Geometry?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I'd go Honda mate yeah. Cheaper stuff just perishes quicker.

Geo will need doing, as the strut needs disconnecting to get clearance to get the driveshaft out.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

dave7368

Advanced Member
as said, Honda for the proper fitting kit, geo shouldn't move as you will only be separating the drop link and lower ball joints..

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers chaps.

Honda OEM it is. So will the geo need doing or not as I've had two different answers lol!

miki1212

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
So will the geo need doing or not as I've had two different answers lol!
lol i would be very surprised if they check the geo, as has been said, it's only 2 ball joints need removing and they can only go back on in the same place.. i'm sure a few of the more 'anal' people on here would do it, but i certainly wouldn't bother, completely unnecessary imo

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Thanks mate.

In terms of ball joints, what does the CV joint have to do with the ball joint as I have Buddy Club roll centre adjusters on mine not ball joints. So are you saying one of these will need to come off?

If so then I'd have thought the geometry will be out and will need redoing? Or am I wrong?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk