Knocking/scraping sound from suspension?

Linus27

Advanced Member
My DC5 seems to be making a knocking, clonking, scraping noise that seems to be coming from the suspension. It's seems to be every time I turn left or over certain bumps. It does not seem to do it when I turn right. It also changes in severity depending on type of bump or speed or angle of the left turn. Slower sharper left turns seem to make it more pronounced rather than faster sweeping type turns.

I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas what it might be before I take it to TGM.

The car is a 2000 DC5 with OEM springs, suspension etc. and has about 80k on the clock. I'm wondering if something in the suspension is getting tired and needs refreshing/replacing.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Could be a top mount? Or it could be the lower bush in the wishbone? Might be worth just taking it to tom & letting him test drive it.

Linus27

Advanced Member
Gordydc5 said:
Could be a top mount? Or it could be the lower bush in the wishbone? Might be worth just taking it to tom & letting him test drive it.
Thank you. Yep will do. I think Tom and co. Are in Italy at the moment racing so will give him a call next week.