Kpro base map

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Hi ive just picked up yellafella's kpro and im wondering what would be the best base map to upload as i have no idea what one to use,im getting mine mapped at eurospec in 2 weeks.
his was mapped for full toda system,70mm tb,rbc and aem cai, mine has currenty fitted gruppe m,rbc and kakimoto cat back, im getting my dc soports mani fitted in 2 weeks, but i dont think i can cope driving like a granny everywhere lol.
ive downloaded hondata k manager onto my laptop but i have got a clue what map to use as there are so many.

so any help would be very helpfull.

dotty

Advanced Member
Hi ive just picked up yellafella's kpro and im wondering what would be the best base map to upload as i have no idea what one to use,im getting mine mapped at eurospec in 2 weeks.
his was mapped for full toda system,70mm tb,rbc and aem cai, mine has currenty fitted gruppe m,rbc and kakimoto cat back, im getting my dc soports mani fitted in 2 weeks, but i dont think i can cope driving like a granny everywhere lol.
ive downloaded hondata k manager onto my laptop but i have got a clue what map to use as there are so many.

so any help would be very helpfull.
I believe it is best to run the 'RSX cold air' map, I am sure someoene on here will have the link to that.

Failing that have a look on the hondata website.

eXceed

Resident Driver
The maps are all available if you click on new, I'd advise to use the one dotty said if you don't know what you are doing. Personally I'd probably just try ed's map and see what afr it was getting when the ecu is in open loop (like full throttle)

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
im new to this kpro stuff so sorry if im asking dumb ass questions lol,im just driving like a granny at the moment im trying very hard no to go above 4000 revs
so hopefully it will be ok as i dont want to chance doing damage to my engine buy not getting eonugh fuel on full chat or what ever damage it could cause.

Stoo

Whining.....
Ben, if you dont know what you are doing with kmnager, leave it alone and just take it easy til it gets mapped.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I would pick-

K20a-itr--- as at least it has the right cam timing, if you use the rsx cold air cam angles will be wrong as the cams are different.

the biggest problem is the rbc, im sure you will be fine, what ecu have you been using?

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
I would pick-

K20a-itr--- as at least it has the right cam timing, if you use the rsx cold air cam angles will be wrong as the cams are different.

the biggest problem is the rbc, im sure you will be fine, what ecu have you been using?

I have been useing it on the oem ecu for like 1 year and its been fine but i guess im worries that i am doing damage while im running on ed's map
but as im new to this kpro stuff so im just thinking of putting a base map onto it for 2 weeks,but then i look at the options and i dont know what one to choose lol

Stoo

Whining.....
As I said above Ben, If you do not know what you are doing, just leave it alone and take it easy for 2 weeks!
It can be quite easy to make a hash of things.
You will appreciate it even more after it's been mapped too ;)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep agree with stoo, if its been ok with the std ecu then leave it on until you get to the dyno, do a pull with the oem ecu and mods you have first, then fit the bits and remap, then you will have a good comparison .
pointless fitting the kpro imo

Stoo

Whining.....
I think he may have exchanged his OEM ECU for the K-Pro.
In which case, I'd still leave it alone and just drive very gently until you get it mapped.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Ah i see then yes fit it and leave it alone, do not change the map.
-the induction will flow similar amounts of air
-both have rbc (makes a huge difference to airflow)
-70mm TB will make no difference
-full toda will mean your car will run a little richer on the map as the oem exhaust and cat will restrict a little

it shouldnt cause the engine to blow up either way, they are pretty tough and can handle being pretty lean compared to many others

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Sorry i forghot to say i swapped my oem for the kpro,ok thanks for the info C&S EVO7 i will continue to drive like a granny untill the 20th lol :xcry: