KPRO Datalog Help (Speed Query)

Jayk

Advanced Member
Guys,

Got a PRB KPRO, and have a K20A with Breathing mods base map on it, ive been doing some datalogging and the KPRO is reading speeds alot lower than they should be.

Ive heard this somewhere on here before but cant find it on a search, anyone had this issue?

Cheers
Jay

fonz600

Advanced Member
The VSS will be lower than your speedo as it is actually nearer to your true speed but make sure the gearbox ratios are correct and failing that it is usually a speedo convertor issue.

My past 2 cars haven't worked properly with the VSS readings.

Jayk

Advanced Member
good point chris, just checked and its reading gear 2 on a gear 3 pull. ive checked the gear ratios in my map against the k20a-itr map and there the same.

any idea's?

fonz600

Advanced Member
It works out your gears on datalogs by your Rev's,VSS and ratios so thats why your gears are out as your VSS is wrong.

It is only using a calculation to work out your gear.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
is it possibly wrong due to the speedo convertor? as this is between the ecu and gearbox interupting the vss signal?
by adding the convertor the vss from the box is different, the kpro will not be seeing the correct pulse.

I would suggest giving Paul Jones from Tdi North a call and asking him, i'm certain there will be a simple solution