Kpro Fault??

Mark_teg

Staff member
My Kpro map seems to corrupt itself every now and again (the EML comes on within seconds of starting the car, limited to 4k, etc). The only way to cure it, is to re-upload the map - the upload also normally fails a fair few times..
The car will be fine for a while again then.
I know that faults with ECUs are rare. I also know there is not a problem with the car as the standard ECU works fine.

So what do I do? Is the problem with the map or the ECU and how do I check? I suppose sending to a dealer (CPL??) is an option.. I live in South Wales so popping to TDI North and the like isn't an option at the moment..

Thanks in advance.

Stoo

Whining.....
Someobody there may be able to offer you a solution.
The actual Hondata guys frequent the site too. :D

VT-Doo

RushDoo
What is the code you are getting :?:

It is entirely possible for the file to become corrupt. Upload the standard ITR map from KManager. Just remember NOT to give your car "beans" and keep it under 3,500rpm
Let me know is the code reappears?

Mark_teg

Staff member
The file has become corrupt several times now Ian.

I cant remember if I looked up the code last time. I know that if I let it idle, the exhaust smokes badly after a short while (think it pumps lots of fuel in).

I looked at threads on the Hondata site and they seem to point to low battery voltage when cranking. Always seems to crank/start fine though.

Hopefully I wont be in a rush next time it happens, so I can do some more digging.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Hold on a minute, are you running the latest version of KManager? If so, DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR!!!!

Send me your email address please...I can't find it

dave c

400hp K20
Oh and apparently kpro maps can become corrupt, I saw mase rectify one by literally copying and pasting the values from one map chart to another and that solved the problem.

sinbad

Advanced Member
the version of the map and the version of the kmanager should be the same as far as i am aware.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Dave is correct, it's simple to swap the values over. It just takes time as there's so many in K-Pro.

On my car at least, all versions including BETA versions of KManager after V1.4.1 have caused the Short Term Fuel Trims to go haywire causing the ECU to throw in far too much fuel creating a large Long Term Fuel Trim...which in Mark's case could explain the smoke.

I've been on the Hondata forum and can't get this sorted...but to be fair I've not had the proof that long. I need to find the time to post it to Hondata but am never on the computer with the info.

There are a lot of people who simply upload a calibration without checking anything, this is why I said not to drive the car.

Dave, check your Fuel Trims and get back to me. The problem happens within a 1/2 mile of driving. I've had to stop in side streets many times to install V1.4.1 and then upload the map again.
Be aware though, if the map is newer than the KManager version that you're using it will not work. Make sure you have multiple saved versions of the same map.

I'm using KManager V1.4.1 and it's fine. I have this in a ZIP file and don't mind emailing it anybody who requires it.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
the version of the map and the version of the kmanager should be the same as far as i am aware.
As soon as you save the calibration with KManager it becomes the same version of KManager being used. You can not however save it using V1.5.1 then resort back to V1.4.1 using the same file...this is why you should always save the file using a new unique name.