Kpro for a facelift dc5, is it the same as pre facelift? Is the facelift got a 4.7fd gearbox?

justJDM

Advanced Member
Hi all i was just wondering if the k-pro for a dc5 is the same as a pre-faclift. Is the loom the same? What other options for ecu's have i got?

I was also wondering if the gearbox is a 4.7 fd?

Thanks in advance

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
I know Kpro is different for FL an PFL although I'm not sure what the actual difference is
The FL DC5 has a immobiliser built into the ignition barrel and the PFL ECU dosent have this feature I used to believe.

justJDM

Advanced Member
So if i get a kpro or k100 that would void out my immboliser? Or are there certain ecu's only for FL?

jasondc55

Advanced Member
I was going to ask the same question I dont want to be without my immobilizer I do have a cat 2 fob but just the factory alarm as I dont have a garage its piece of mind not to mention sleep that my Blue is safe whilst parked up ect.

Any info on this will greatly appreciated.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
stock is PRC

these can be used too- PRB, PRD, PNF, PND, PPA

if my memory serves me correctly, you can select wether or not the immobiliser is active or not in one of the menus in K manager.

Mark_teg

Staff member
^^ That ^^

You can then get your keys coded by Honda if you want to keep the OEM immobiliser, £50 I think it is approx.
It's what EP3 owners do.

turbo5

Advanced Member
I think I was one of the first to get Kpro on a facelift, it was done at TDi north about 2006. I was given a loaner Kpro whilst mine was sent away and if my memory serves me right it wasn't a pre-facelift Kpro I think it was refered to as a wide band version. (During that time my ignition light was on) when my kpro arrived and was fitted I was given the option of having the factory fitted immobilser isolated. I kept it but now have two alarms on my car. I only need to press the aftermarket alarm fob though.