KPRO Help

raz786

Advanced Member
Basically, when the car's cold (first start in the morning for example) as you all know the DC5 revs around 2000RPM. Mine does the same but since the map it sometimes drops to 1500RPM for a few seconds then creeps back up again. Any ideas whats causing this? :? :? Is it a poor map?

Also, since being KPRO's the safety limiter at 500RPM when the car is standstill has disappeared, is this normal with the KPRO? The car doesn't have the launch control active.

Any help appreciated guys, Thanx!!

justinteg

the best place for any answers you need is to go onto the hondata forum.
ive had a few questions about things on mine and they are very help full on there.
you will probably find that a search will give you the answer you need as i think this is quite a common thing.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Who mapped your kpro?
it sounds like a poor job to me, Kpro has adjustable launch control, which should have been offered to you, the idle problem is also a sign of a poor mapper, my guess is that it wasn't done at System R (Tdi North)

raz786

Advanced Member
Might come as a shock to you Si but i made the 420 mile round trip to System R and had Paul map it, didn't set up the launch control as Paul didn't recommend it, but this rev drop is concerning me. Also still unsure if everyone who has it mapped without launch control loses the Rev safety point :?

celox performance

Advanced Member
I asked Paul to remove the launch control and he set it to '0' and now it revs past 6500rpm from standstill. I don't know exactly how far it revs because I haven't tried it. The launch control only holds the revs at 4500-5000rpm or whatever else you want it set at and isn't a true launch control system.

JCW

Advanced Member
Paul's not a big fan of launch control by the looks of it then :lol: he also put me off the idea of it and said your'e better off controling it with teh right foot :lol:

will have to check to see if mine revs past 5000 at standstill, not tried it since it was kpro'd. I did have a idle problem to begin with but that was because of the RBC inlet mani and the throttle cable position, since sorting that it's been fine.

raz786

Advanced Member
JCW could you elaborate on the idle problem you had as I also have the RBC mani. Its worrying me because its only started happening since the map.

Out of curiosity when people have had their car mapped at TDI North were you allowed to watch the entire tune take place?

Newty

Advanced Member
I just had mine done yesterday. All seems ok so far...haven't tried the launch control though, something for tomorrow.

Anyway, I didn't ask about watching the set up, I wanted to but glad I didn't...I get too fidgety and would probably start playing with things!

ally_mac

Advanced Member
I believe if the launch control has been removed, at standstill, the car will rev right round to the limiter at 8400rpm or whatever it has been set at.

I don't think the idle issue is anything major to worry about to be honest, you should be able to remove it or impove it with a bit of tweaking on the map

raz786

Advanced Member
I don't have a clue how to tweak it :? I hope its not a map issue coz i traveled a long way to get it mapped :(

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I am suprised as Paul usually does a great map :?
Have you spoken to him about it?
the Kpro launch limiter removes Honda's rpm safety limit.
It will rev to whatever your limiter is 8400, 8600 whatever

It is easy to switch on tho. you need a copy of the map which should have been supplied, if not Paul will email it to you.
You need the latest version of K manager software free from Hondatas site.
It is important its the latest version as its not backwards compatible,
open your map set the launch limiter to whatever you want,(I had it at 3500 varying up to 5000 depending on how i felt) and found it worked very well, can't understand why he doesn't rate it :?

As far as the prro idle it could also be a fault with your throttle body (IACV ) idle air control valve , this will make the idle hunt.
I have heard of issues once kproed but usually thats by inexperienced mappers .

have a look on Hondatas forum.

raz786

Advanced Member
Thanks for that Si, will have a browse of the site and see if I can get some answers :?