Kpro immobiliser all SORTED

itrsarg

Advanced Member
Is there anyone in the southwest who could turn the immobiliser off in my kpro.
I haven't got a laptop or a clue how to do it.

I will drive to you so no cost involved :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
where in the southwest? if you can come to bristol, i can do it. you might need the password of the mapper tho.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
have you no friends with a laptop (and lead)?

the software is really easy to use.

especially if you want to turn off the immobiliser.. it's only a checkbox and a re-upload :)

itrsarg

Advanced Member
SuperFLY said:
have you no friends with a laptop (and lead)?the software is really easy to use.especially if you want to turn off the immobiliser.. it's only a checkbox and a re-upload :)
I tried doing a search and found nothing, yes I have friends with laptops :) just wasn't sure how hard to do, never plugged a laptop into a ecu before, just didn't want to wipe anything off.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
do you have the map file itself?

if not (and i could be wrong here as it's been a while since i had a kpro) you might have a problem as you'd need to re-upload the map with your new settings (i.e. the immob. being turned off)

i 'think' you can download the calibration from the ecu though as long as its unlocked.. not 100% sure though.

that said, what you'd need to do it is just the kmanager software: http://www.hondata.com/kmanager.html

if you have a look at the pics there you can see the immob. checkbox. as said, you'd load the map, untick that, click uplod and voila job done.. unfortunately i couldn't tell you if you need the map or not on the laptop to do that.

(another side issue is your version of the kmanager needs to match the one that loaded the map onto the ecu or it won't read it. if you have the map file you can get round this by simply re-uploading it using the newer version but thought id mention it)

edit: is sending it to eurospec and asking them to do it not an option?

itrsarg

Advanced Member
It's sorted car starts :)

Thank you c&s evo7 for offering to help very much appreciated :)

thank you superFLY as well for the kick up the ass & to do it my self :)

I got hold of a laptop today and gave it ago, I wiped the kpro clean then uploaded a suitable map for my mods then went through settings found immobiliser settings and disabled it :)

Very impressed with the map on it can't believe how hard the vtec kicks in at 4000 :) I thought it would have been smooth through the rev range, but its the same as hitting 6000 happy days.

Any more advice is welcome :)

I'm going down the pub now to tell my mates I've been remapping, data logging & tuning hondadata today... Lol

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
you should only use a generic map from kmanager as a starting point or to drive the car to a dyno where a proper map should be loaded, the base maps are shite and you can very easily end up with engine damage,
why didnt you put the original map back on?

itrsarg

Advanced Member
I couldn't put the map back on for some reason, I'm only driving the car about at the moment gentle as friend told me the same thing tonight, im booking the car in at eurospec next week to get it mapped properly :)