Kpro in 3 days...What can I expect ??

Zen1

Advanced Member
So what's the big deal with Kpro? :?
I obviously know it makes a difference which is why I'm getting it done but how much?

Bought my DC5 Standard less than six months ago.
I now have a Futjitsubo RM01A Catback, RBC Inlet Manifold, Hondata Gasket and Gruppe M Intake and really only
wanted mods that are easily removable by myself should I ever need to sell the car.

The car will be tuned by TDI North. What exactly is involved, how long will it take and what sort of power increase should I realistically be looking at with my mods ?

The Mofo

Advanced Member
I had my kpro tuned by TDI North. It takes about 2 hours and they tune your ecu to the mods you have using their rolling road. They will reduce the vtec engagement point to around 5k, this generally gives you better mid range and the power is more accessable but you do loose that kick when vtec comes in.

I got 244bh with a toda manifold, injen CAI and fujisubo exhaust with a Kpro so I would expect a similar result as you don't have an aftermarket manifold but you do have the RBC instead.

Jayk

Advanced Member
Your standard manifold is going to be very very restrictive, you'll be down about 15 - 20hp compared to if you have a manifold.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
Your standard manifold is going to be very very restrictive, you'll be down about 15 - 20hp compared to if you have a manifold.
Worth it for the noise too.

TDi will do you a cheapy for £300.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Answering the original question, as already said, more accessable power is what you'll notice first, aswell as better mpg (sorry to add the boring bit :lol: )
Just to add to Lee's post, there's cheapy manifolds on Ebay at 200 sheets or there's the DC sports at £370 if that helps.

Where's best to purchase a Kpro'd ECU anyway?
(Mine isn't Kpro'd but my old EP3 was)

Zen1

Advanced Member
Jayk said:
I wasn't aware it was that restrictive. Is it due to design or just the fact that it has the catalytic converter in where aftermarket headers don't?

Would the spoon 2-1 section in the for sale section make a difference if i ran it with the oem 4-2 ?

Cheers

Jayk

Advanced Member
If you change the manifold it release's alot of power, the last thing you want to do is get a KPRO, have it mapped, then go for a manifold and then re-map.

I think its best to change the whole manifold, ive only ever used TODA on my DC5's as i was happy with them, but i think Spoon / Buddyclub etc are all good.

Im unsure what the 2-1 will be like as ive never just removed the cat. As Lee says get TDI to sell you one, fit it, then map it..........then you will notice a massive difference compared to your current spec.

Jay

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
if your thinking of a decat/manifold mate i'd get that 1st as you don't want to be having to go back for another remap and spending more money, i havnt fitted my spoon mani yet but will be doing it this week so im hoping for a bit of a difference :)

Zen1

Advanced Member
Spoke to somebody at TDI today for some advice.

I was told that if I was going to change the manifold to go for a Toda or Spoon. They said that as good as these are,
for near £1000 you may get around 10bhp peak power and a small increase in torque but for the money ?? :roll:

Apparantly, the DC5 Oem manifold is pretty good. For a Civic type-r then they'd have recommended an aftermarket manifold to complement the K-Pro but for me not necessary.

I'll see with Oem Manifold and the rest just what power I can make............

LeeH

Advanced Member
You can make as near to the Toda gains with the cheap £250 headers. I know of 2 people with them. Both TDi tuned with good results.

Also the Buddy Club header is as good as Spoon/Toda.

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I have the DC sports Manifold 4-1 and j's racing intake.

I made 245bhp with my Kpro @ TDI last month!!

think the DC manifold is about £350???

dotty

Advanced Member
I was at 236 BHP with my OEM 4-2- and 2-1 manifold fitted, after the Toda header and remap it made 247 :twisted:

Zen1

Advanced Member
Got nearly 242BHP with stock header so pretty pleased with the result.

Love the power delivery too. 8)

dotty

Advanced Member
Very nice, are you running the complete stock header or a decat?

Nice strong engine :)

Zen1

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Complete stock header :) . I was told that these results are better than some who run with aftermarket headers.

Also, TDI are now selling a piper header with high-flow cat that quite a few of the civic boys have had fitted. These perform well with only minor losses when compared to a Full decat header.

Tempted myself now :wink:

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
Zen1 said:
dotty said:
Complete stock header :) . I was told that these results are better than some who run with aftermarket headers.

Also, TDI are now selling a pipercross header with high-flow cat that quite a few of the civic boys have had fitted. These perform well with only minor losses when compared to a Full decat header.

Tempted myself now :wink:

Hmmm sports cat! Very tempted! Got anymore info on these like prices?

Jayk

Advanced Member
Im shocked at that result. Most cars with intake/header/exahust/kpro dont make that power. But to be honest figures are figures. Its how it feels at the end of the day.

For me the Manifold give alot more torque than any other mod.

Jay