KPRO IN NORTHERN IRELAND

gaz3434

Advanced Member
Aidy, I know that TTM in Galway do them for about £700-£800 sterling, including fitting & tuning. I was down there last year in my old 106 GTi getting it tuned up and I asked them about the K-Pro for the ITR cos I had just bought my DC5 at the time.

Not sure who else in Eire does them or if anyone in the North supplies them. I'd love to go for one but its big dough! :(

TypeRaidy

Cheers Tarmac,wicklow bit far down though,i'll check them out now though.
Yeah Gaz,rang TTM before its expensive but i have the cash now and race header will be here end of the month and i'd need to get Kpro to keep the EML off.Are TTM good at tuning??On the other hand i just got trade insurance which is a help being 21,and my mate says his girlfriend wants my CTR,DC5 next but do i put more money into CTR and probably loss it or not bother with race header which is paid for,decisions,decisions,decisions!!!!!! :?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
seriously man - if u'r shifting on the EP3 soon to u'r mates better half then stop spending money on it and save it for DC5 toys. trust me - NOTHING for the DC5 is cheap! :?

TypeRaidy

Yeah i'd say that,pity the manifold wasnt the same even :roll:
no DC5's around here atall cant wait to sit my arse in one 8)

Tarmac

Advanced Member
nova said:
How soon are you thinking of getting a DC5? Ans icetronix are the official Hondata dealers as for as i know in Ireland.

http://www.icetronix.com/index.aspx?pag ... rts&id=813
there is no *official* dealer in Ireland for Hondata according to their website. there are dealers - none of them recognised as official according to HONDATA though. maybe their website needs to be updated...

so that's ICETRONIX, TTM and Trackday Performance that do 'em in Ireland. any more to the list?

macer

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
nova said:
How soon are you thinking of getting a DC5? Ans icetronix are the official Hondata dealers as for as i know in Ireland.

http://www.icetronix.com/index.aspx?pag ... rts&id=813
there is no *official* dealer in Ireland for Hondata according to their website. there are dealers - none of them recognised as official according to HONDATA though. maybe their website needs to be updated...

so that's ICETRONIX, TTM and Trackday Performance that do 'em in Ireland. any more to the list?
ICETRONIX sell the ECUs and Trackday map it for them, Trackday also sell their own Hondata.
TTM buy the ECUs from the UK and do their own mapping.
Trackday have support from Hondata in the US.

TypeRaidy

Not sure how soon i'll be getting DC5,kinda wanna be able to beat my mates DC2 before i change as he'll rub it in about having to change to beat him lol :D .
Going to Galway for the rally now first weekend in feb, would get the KPRO fitted but my race header isn't guarenteed to be here before that and there's no point getting it mapped and coming home to put the header on as i wouldn't have a clue how to remap it myself!! :?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
TypeRaidy said:
Not sure how soon i'll be getting DC5,kinda wanna be able to beat my mates DC2 before i change as he'll rub it in about having to change to beat him lol :D .
...don't be so sure you'll beat a DC2 with a stock DC5! the DC2 is one seriously quick motor - not one to be underestimated! :wink:

TypeRaidy

Yeah tell about it Tarmac,uk spec dc2 no bother but jdm dc2 different story he can pass standard CTR's no bother,i can hold him at my back bumper till 5th gearthen he just slowly creeps past and sits with his back bumper level to my front bumper, i then sat and watched him pass an evo 4 without any bother and pull away!!??Evo driver wanted a standing start,again DC2 had no bother pulling cars lengths :?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
an evo 4? well then either the evo driver was an extra from "miss daisy" or your friend is just a gifted pilot that weighs 2 stone! :wink:

TypeRaidy

Its funny you say that mate cause he's about 5 foot and he's that thin he has to jump about in the shower to get wet(joke lol),seriously he'd be about 7 stone if even that!!people have said thats what makes his car so quick,plus its a serious steep hill we race??

TypeRaidy

Can they thats nit to far away i'll give them a shout i know they have a rolling road so maybe they can set them up.cheers :wink:

ally_mac

Advanced Member
just off the phone 2simon at cartoyz mate. He said he can send the ecu off 2get the chip inserted and he can get a base map put on 2suit ur mods, i.e induction kit, manifold and exhaust. He can then tune the map himself 2better suit ur car.

hope that helps

TypeRaidy

That does help i must get on the ball now get it sorted,thanks ally_mac ill go up and see him the next day i'm off work
cheers again :wink:

ally_mac

Advanced Member
TypeRaidy said:
That does help i must get on the ball now get it sorted,thanks ally_mac ill go up and see him the next day i'm off work
no bother lad, i hope 2get the teg kpro'd within the next month r 2

TypeRaidy

ally_mac said:
TypeRaidy said:
no bother lad, i hope 2get the teg kpro'd within the next month r 2
You got many mods,dunno what to do after Kpro :?