kpro launch control

timp

Advanced Member
when i launch the launch control tends to cut back in when i am excellerating in first. Anyone else get this??

Haven't really hooked my laptop up but is it quite straight forward to remove the launch setting?

cheers

Mark_teg

Staff member
Very straight forward as long as you already have a copy of your map.
Make the changes to this (just set it as 0 iirc) then upload it.
Dont download your current map though :!:

I do recall somebody having the same problem, cant remember who though sorry :lol:

The launch control is only supposed to cut in at under 5KPH (3MPH) - maybe your speedo converter is out a little.

It's easy to switch it off though. You can download your current map (you might need an older version of Kpro though as I couldnt do it with the latest version). Once downloaded just set the launch control to 0 and then upload it again.

timp

Advanced Member
Hi Chris we spoke about this at Japfest its the same problem you were having, i'm pretty sure its the launch control.

Like i say i have never hooked up to the Kpro yet :(

Mark so i need a copy of the map? hmmm i wonder if Paul has it on file somewhere? :?:

Mase

re

Its best to obtain a copy of your map from who ever tuned it.

You can try downloading it off the ecu however its not recommended.

It sounds like your settings may be incorrect for the launch control parameters.

Good luck,
Mase

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I have got a copy however it is set right. I know my VSS is wrong but most people don't seem too sure on how to correct it. I reads slower then what it should and never goes above 4th gear.

timp

Advanced Member
think i will get Paul to take it off next time its on the rollers, i have plans for the header and the cams so will get it mapped after anyhow