Kpro maps

MarkyD

Advanced Member
I had kpro fitted to my car a couple of weeks ago and a problem with the fueling has become evident. I have there for decided to get a remap done asap.
I havn't driven the car much since but i already have noticed a few problems with the base map such as a low idle speed and a flat spot at vtec change over.
Obviously the guys doing the map should iron out most of the problems but is their anything else i should get sorted at this point? I dont want to pay twice to have the bugs removed.

The car has Gruppe m, dc header and mugan twinloop.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I didn't think there was a base map for the DC5? I thought there was just the CAI map?

Anyway, who's doing your mapping? Personally I'd leave it until the ECU is mapped correctly for your car.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
as per chris, if its being done by a reputable mapper (Tdi north are the mapper of choice) then he will sort the bugs while tuning at the same time.
assuming they are map related.

is your teg blue?

fonz600

Advanced Member
If u have a flat spot at changeover it's mpore likely to have been lowered. What RPM does it come in at? I personally raised my tickover 100RPM but thats cause I had ESMM. If u go into Kmanager there is a place u can set the tickover to anything u want.

MarkyD

Advanced Member
I will get TDI to do the mapping. They do have a good reputation.

I have the uprated engine mounts fitted but would like the idle change to make it easier to manouvre at low speeds.

the change over point is at 4500 rpm and the fueling becomes rich and the torque drops dramiticly all the way up to 6000 rpm.

I didn't think there was a base map for the DC5? I thought there was just the CAI map?
I'm not sure i thought the base map was for the mods listed above.

My car is blue. It was abandoned up at TGM for the best part of last month. And guess where its headed later this week.

timp

Advanced Member
MarkyD said:
I will get TDI to do the mapping. They do have a good reputation.

I have the uprated engine mounts fitted but would like the idle change to make it easier to manouvre at low speeds.

the change over point is at 4500 rpm and the fueling becomes rich and the torque drops dramiticly all the way up to 6000 rpm.

I'm not sure i thought the base map was for the mods listed above.

My car is blue. It was abandoned up at TGM for the best part of last month. And guess where its headed later this week.
Gonna get it mapped up north and over stuff sorted down south :?:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
I uploaded your map while there the other week as Toms not safe with a computer.
It was a map to enable the car to be used prior to getting a full tune, with allowances to drive safely with your mods.
with a full tune at Tdi north the difference will be amazing.

MarkyD

Advanced Member
I just can't wait to get it all working properly now. With hindsight i wish i had got Tom to arrange for it to go to TDI when i had the mods done but i got impatient. Lesson learned.