Kpro on facelift dc5

Kevdc5teg

Hi guys I'm looking about getting a kpro, i have a 2005 facelift dc5 is there a difference between the prefacelift dc5 ecu and the facelift? I know prefacelift is straight forward to kpro and just wondering is the facelift the same or is there anything different i need to do? Thanks.

turbo5

Advanced Member
I have a facelift with Kpro, it was the first in the UK to have it. TDI north fitted it. they are different from the preface lift.

beppe786

Beppe
there no difference.. facelift ecu only has immobilizer built in which when kpro-ed like mine you can just turn off in kmanager

Chewy

Advanced Member
I got my K100 done at TDI North, No idea if it was different or not in the end, but I had read in a few places there are some differences?

Kevdc5teg

Thanks guys, yeah i done abit of research when I bought the car and a few people say there is a difference and some say there isn't, I emailed CPL and they said its the same process as a pre faclift so must be no difference, think I'm going to send my ecu of and get it done in the next few weeks.

ferret

just to open this up again, I have a facelift DC5 so would it be possible to fit a pfl ecu that has kpro already fitted or would it not work?

dc5ian

Advanced Member
ferret said:
just to open this up again, I have a facelift DC5 so would it be possible to fit a pfl ecu that has kpro already fitted or would it not work?
it will work and the question has been answered many times

blueguy

Resident J's whore
From what I understand, they are universal for the pre and facelift now. However a word of caution on (what I assume are) old gen kpros -
When I had all my parts fitted ready to be tuned, my kpro had not been delivered yet. TGM tried a couple of kpro's from their race cars and it wouldn't work. Mase was on hand to try and make them work with my facelift but to no avail.

In essence what I am saying is try before you buy if it's coming from a pre-facelift.