Kpro or not?

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Hi,

As i'm not site on what to do, im asking you guys for advice. I'm planning on doping track days a couple of times a Year. So i bought a sump baffle, other than the rg jtc-n1 coilovers the car is stock.

As i don't have a lot to spend, im looking for the best suites upgrades. I'm thinking of buying a kpro, but i'm not sure if it Will increase power on a stock car. And spending the money on an intake or exhaust means i can't afford the kpro.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

integraleo

Advanced Member
Buy k100 Instead of kpro, tune is identical but cheaper. Expect 10-15 hp gain from the tune but from 4-6000 rpm about 30 hp gain so definitely worth doing.

MrRy

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Buy k100 Instead of kpro, tune is identical but cheaper. Expect 10-15 hp gain from the tune but from 4-6000 rpm about 30 hp gain so definitely worth doing.
What he said, but to add to that, with all the extra power you get much better MPG too - sounds too good to be true, right?

Expect any decent tuner to give you an extra 10 WHP across the entire range minimum, and a massive midrange increase, even on a stock system.

MrRy

Advanced Member
sheeraz19823 said:
I'd rather invest in decent tyres and brakes
It's not unheard of for people to claim close to 40mpg in a remap when they were getting 30/32 before, so in effect the mod will save you money longer term depending on your mileage.

But I agree, if the Kpro was just about outright power, tyres and brakes always come first, then suspension/chassis and finally power last.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
I'm running Potenza re050a all around, and have oem discs with ferodo ds2500.

Do you guys know of any tuner/dealer who can supply me with a k100? And can this be remapped when i perform other mods?

MrRy

Advanced Member
sabberjoch said:
I'm running Potenza re050a all around, and have oem discs with ferodo ds2500.

Do you guys know of any tuner/dealer who can supply me with a k100? And can this be remapped when i perform other mods?
Will @ RDT - https://www.facebook.com/rdt.tv?fref=ts

He'll be able to give you a comprehensive tune and can adjust the map if you go back to him with other mods at a later date.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Grinspeed reckon a final drive is a better value for money modification than Kpro. On the subject of Kpro, are there no other aftermarket ECU to go for other than what Hondata offer? Also how much would a k100 cost?

MrRy

Advanced Member
I nearly bought an AEM EMS v2 but decided on K100 via CPL for about £370 fitted.

Stevie at Grinspeed is right for the money. With my 5.3 final drive and longer 6th gear combo I get around 50 miles more per tank based on the last 5 or 6 fill ups and a good stab more torque because of the gearing.

p1tse

Advanced Member
£370 plus a tune cost is that?

Would like one to also track mpg differentials

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Damn, just heard that there aren't any hondata dealers in the netherlands. I was offered a doctronic system for 825 euro's mapped on a dyno. Do you guys have any experience with this system? 370 pounds sounds a lot better!

integraleo

Advanced Member
Add in 300-400 for a map on top of that price. I bought mine on a group deal about 3 years ago for 695 fitted and mapped.

Rom

Advanced Member
Never heard of one.

£370 is un mapped.

It wont just improve power, it makes the car more usable, smoother, nicer to drive. My vtec is now at 4200 (where it makes more power on high cam than low) So coming off roundabouts in second, and vtec is right there, no more winding it up.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
I can get a ITB setup with throttle bodys from a hayabusa matched up to an intake for a k20a.
This will be plug and play, just need to mount the TPS.

Will this make a big power difference? I'm in doubt because the hayabusa is only a 1300cc engine.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
You will get more torque especially mid range and the sound will be incredible but without uprated cams such as Toda A3 then you won't get a huge increase in power I'd have thought.

I think the trumpet size you go for can also affect the power range, so shorter trumpets = more low down power, longer trumpets equals more top end. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Will certainly pull better though. Bit of a faff with bike bodies that's the only thing. Better off going down the direct to fit bodies route such as Jenvey.

Most of these are running ITB's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoxSkSqAVrQ