Kpro pre-facelift / facelift difference?

jcamerz

Advanced Member
Hi I have searched to see if I could find a post on this but didn't have much luck I'm a bit confused iv been offered a kpro Prc But not sure if it will work in my car as I have the facelift model and on the hondata site it just says 2001-2006 so is there no difference between the pre-facelift and facelift kpro? I will be getting it completely mapped before fitted
Thanks

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I`m fairly certain that there is a difference in a Kpro for a pre or facelift Teg...just can`t remember which ecu is for which car.I could hazard a guess and say that the PRC is for a facelift and a PRB is for a pre-facelift.....I`m sure someone will confirm this for you :?

tomlin

Advanced Member
i had this problem if you have a face lift you will need a facelift kpro which is a nightmare to find and once they come up these fly out the door

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Check on clubrsx.com think u can find info there...Prc is jdm ecu and prb is rsx usa!
I have a prb in my pre face lift. I think like said before its about the immobilizer.

dave7368

Advanced Member
i borrowed a pre facelift k pro while my standard one was sent off to be done, as said the immobilizer isnt recognised in the pre facelift so the 'green key' symbol will flash constantly

soooo annoying :lol:

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
The immobilizer is "easily disabled" so a prefacelift ECU and KPRO can be used in a Facelift car.

Iv forgotten how to do it but could find out on request. as far as im aware, a 2001-2004 KPRO can and will work the same as a prefacelift one, just a slight mod required to the engine immobilser system...

hope this helps

kazmo

Advanced Member
just park yr car up for a few days and pull yr ecu out, send it to TDi north and hey presto! a few days later will turn up at your door a facelift kpro
i wudnt even bother fannying about tryin to get the old shape second hand one altered to work properly in yr car...

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Yes true enough but Kpros 2nd hand are normally circa £200-£300 cheaper. Also The 2005 Teg we had in with a KPro was bought brand new from the states and the owner was Instructed to unplug the immobiliser feed on the ignition barrel to stop the "green key" flashing on the dash. Has anyone bought a kpro facelift ecu that they've had to plug in themselves so this can be confirmed??