kpro questions.

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
ok,some noobie Q's here...

How much should a used kpro cost me?

How much are they new?

Does it matter what mods it has been mapped for,ie: do i need to map it for my own car anyway.

Whats the one major advantage of a kpro ecu,is it just because its mappable?

Cardiff r33

Advanced Member
mossyhennebry said:
ok,some noobie Q's here...

How much should a used kpro cost me? used about £650

How much are they new? £800 plus you have to exchange your old ECU

Does it matter what mods it has been mapped for,ie: do i need to map it for my own car anyway. ideally map it for your car anyway, to be safe

Whats the one major advantage of a kpro ecu,is it just because its mappable?
yes and with the K pro you can play with maps and launch control yourself

dave c

400hp K20
£500 on an exchange

and yeah play with it yourself...laptop + kpro = Fast and furious lol

awesome kit, you'll love it! 8)

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
didn't install it yet, partly due to the fact that it has not been mapped for my car (it has a map for skunk cams and a few other things currently), and partly because i haven't a clue what to do with it!

the help section within Kmanager? do i get to that when i plug it in to my laptop, yeah? I didnt even try that yet - don't want to mess it up.

currently I have a 5zigen fireball exhaust. I think its from the cat back. I have the oem exhaust too, and its in two sections. I was offered a toda 4-2-1 manifold from the same guy with the kpro. I'm still learning so didnt buy that just yet. I also have an AEM V2 induction kit.

so do i plug it in to my laptop and see what happens? I'm not going to change any settings or anything, just have a look!

VT-Doo

RushDoo
KManager is the software used to tune K-Pro. It can be found on the Hondata site/forum.
You might even have a disc which came with the K-Pro; once you have KManager up and running you will see there are many calibrations within the software already. These are what most people use as a starting point. Read the help section within KManager and you'll start to learn what everything does.

When you have an idea what you're doing then you can swap the ECU over.
Once installed DON'T start the car. Connect your laptop and open KManager. Close ALL the windows within KManager. Doing this enables you to download the map from the ECU to your laptop safely, but not 100% guaranteed to work.
Save the newly downloaded .kal file.

The ECU will only communicate with KManager when the ignition is on or when the engine is running.

EndaITR

Advanced Member
How much did you get it for after? Was it the lad off dtd that commented your thread? Im on the look out for one but his was a bit pricey

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
thats the chap, yeah. pricey alright, but theres one here for 500sterling and thats on a trade-in. so I dont think i did too bad. Needless to say I didnt pay asking price.

@VT-Doo ... thanks for those links, i'll start reading now!!

oregato

Advanced Member
stephen1612 said:
How much are they currently new then?

...and who sells them in the uk?
ice tronix do them in ireland but expect to pay upwards of 900 euros. This is with install and map i think.

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
oregato said:
stephen1612 said:
How much are they currently new then?

...and who sells them in the uk?
ice tronix do them in ireland but expect to pay upwards of 900 euros. This is with install and map i think.
icetronix in dublin have them listed on their website at €1,100 and €16 fitting. Not sure if that includes a map?

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Shesh, whys everything so expensive :lol: I like the idea of hooking it up yourself. Lift the seat and slide out the laptop, proper F&F styleee :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i beleive they are a fixed price of 768 plus you will want a few hours mapping so expect around 1000 all in.

whatever you do DO not try and run the map for the aftermarket cams with a std engine.

there are a couple of basemaps within Kmanager itself, you can use, they are for a k20a2 but are pretty safe to use , personally no point if you are getting more mods then wait and get it mapped by a pro

jon-dc5

Advanced Member
i heard a few weeks ago couture auto are doing a deal on the kpro + fitting + mapping for 1000euro.
sounds pretty good.