Kpro sensitive throttle

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Just after opinions from others with similar mods and kpro, does anyone feel the throttle is very sensitive?
Also, any judder/jolt when transitioning between on and off throttle?
I've played around with overrun settings for throttle off and tip in retard for throttle on but it only occasionally seems to be smooth.
When going over speedbumps or dips in the road etc at slow speed the throttle can feel too sensitive and revs jump around, but compared to my bmw e36, albeit standard, it is no where near as smooth/stable.
If I set too much tip in retard then at a set tps % if load increases it does feel like it can hesitate and makes a funny burbling sound for a second, likely due to the ignition retarding momentarily.
Mods are:
Apexi cone filter
RBC manifold
70mm throttle body
Buddyclub exhaust manifold
Spoon b pipe
Spoon n1 backbox

integraleo

Advanced Member
Adjust throttle stop on tb mine does this too,will have slightly higher idle but smooths it out

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
It's worth a try! When I bought the tb I was told to set the stop so a slither of light can be seen, which I did. Idle is currently 900rpm in Kmanager so I can try the tb stop and adjust idle as necessary.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Mine is on k100 so I can't change mine. Just try higher idle on kpro first, go for 1100-1200 rpm it isn't going to hurt

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Ha I'd adjusted the screw before checking your reply, got it idling at a natural 1,100 now and it does seem to have made it smoother. Maybe due to the transition between open/closed and closed/open not relying as much on the idle air control valve.
It isn't perfect, still a slight jolt but a lot better than it was!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Have you tried rereading the TPS positions?

Did this on mine and it was only about 0.5% out either way, but made a big difference!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Countless times! It never seems to change though but I do check it every so often to make sure.

I've been chasing the juddering problem for a long time now, I think it's partly down to mapping but that throttle body stop screw did make a noticeable difference which is good enough for now!

Fez

Advanced Member
I find mine very sensitive, hard to control over bumpy roads etc. And mines on stock ecu/tb/inlet etc.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Makes me wonder if it's a slightly sticky idle air control valve and by mechanically increasing the idle slightly it has taken some load off the valve. Or maybe it's just a trait of the K20 haha.