Kpro upload error

Brecht

Advanced Member
Hey guys, here again with a wierd problem...

So i've had my kpro tuned about 9 months ago, so it's set up and everything.
Done a few datalogs since, fault code readings.
2 weeks ago i adjusted the launch control and uploaded the new calibration, no problems whatsoever.
Now i've installed a new tps sensor from ktuned, hall effect one and wanted to calibrate it.
So i did adjust everything, wanted to upload the new calibration and the upload failed..
Just can't get it to upload my calibrations... datalogging all okay , downloading the map from the ecu all okay.
Below it says ignition on , drivers installed, online and datalog..

Any idea's on what the problem might be?

beppe786

Beppe
seem like you have a copy of your map.. so seems like you can safely completely reset the kpro. i did the same on mine when i got it as it had the same issue with uploading maps.. cant rem what the reset was called but its there..

Brecht

Advanced Member
Already tried erasing the map but even that gives me an error, going to swap it over to a mates dc5 next week to see if it's car or ecu related but my guess is ecu..
Uploaded like a dozen times before, wierd that it won't let me now...

beppe786

Beppe
theres an option in there setup from new.. well my kpro v3 defiantly does. do that and then upload map and it should work

pudski

Advanced Member
Try going to online, then click tools, then click clear security and this will reset the kpro and clear map that's on there. As long as you have a copy of your map, then you can try uploading it.

Brecht

Advanced Member
That's what i tried before, clear security is what it's called if i remember correctly.
But when i choose clear security it also gives an error, so i don't know what the problem is

Edit , sorry didn't see that you already named clear security.
It's a kpro v3, i do have this this option but it won't let me reset ;)

pudski

Advanced Member
check battery voltage. Anything under 11 volts can cause uploading problems. I take this problem has only started since changing the tps sensor?

Brecht

Advanced Member
battery voltage is 12,20 in kmanager itself, did get the daughterboard low voltage error when changing the tps sensor as i left the door open all the time and accidently left on the iginition... whoops
but left the engine running for a while and the error went away and charged the battery over night so that's all good.
yeah got the error when calibrating the new sensor, 2 weeks before it uploaded without any problems but i've put the old sensor back as a test but i still get the upload error :(
tried it again a moment ago as i just did a 22 km trip, but still nothing..
I'll update on friday when i visit my friend so i can try it on his car, but don't think it will change anything though

Brecht

Advanced Member
So i got round to visiting my mate to test my ecu in his dc5 and problem is the same, so it's ecu related as i thought.
Ordered a new Kpro daughterboard, should be plug and play now.
Fingers crossed this wil solve it

beppe786

Beppe
Brecht said:
So i got round to visiting my mate to test my ecu in his dc5 and problem is the same, so it's ecu related as i thought.
Ordered a new Kpro daughterboard, should be plug and play now.
Fingers crossed this wil solve it
dont you have to solder the board in place?..