Kpro value

fergalb

Advanced Member
I'm gettin an arctic blue dc5 Friday and I'm gettin two ecu with it the standard one and a hondata kpro the mods on the car are typhoon induction kit genuine js racing manifold and dc sport dcat so is it it worth my while using the kpro with them mods or shud I just sell the kpro ?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
There is a risk that you will run lean running an intake and de-cat without a mapped ECU. Also, if you plan on any further mods, you will definitely need a mapped ECU. Moreover, you won't get as much benefit from the existing mods without a remapped ECU.

Didn't realise the J's manifold was only the top half, hence the de-cat, but looks like it is: http://j-sracingusa.com/Integra DC5/DC5_exhaust.html

fergalb

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
There is a risk that you will run lean running an intake and de-cat without a mapped ECU. Also, if you plan on any further mods, you will definitely need a mapped ECU. Moreover, you won't get as much benefit from the existing mods without a remapped ECU.

Didn't realise the J's manifold was only the top half, hence the de-cat, but looks like it is: http://j-sracingusa.com/Integra DC5/DC5_exhaust.html
ya I was the same lad but sure enough it's stamped js racing I looked ir up and it the top half only but still a nice rare manifold

fergalb

Advanced Member
brucey87 said:
you should sell your kpro to me :-" :xlol:
If I get stuck for money i'm sellin the kpro cuz iv the standard ecu too Im from Ireland though so it shud sell quick

mossyhennebry

Advanced Member
i bought one last week that was advertised for 750e.

there is a kpro advertised here for 550sterling and its on an ecu part exchange basis. ie-550sterling plus the OEM ecu.

so going by that I reckon you should get 700e for it if you do want to sell it.

...and I know of at least two Irish members here who would be interested in it.

although donedeal is your friend too!

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Or you could keep the K-Pro and use the money from selling the standard ECU towards mapping :idea: