Kpro weird issue

quinton

Hi guys,

So when i bought my car i was told it had a kpro installed and was running on stock map etc.

I didnt think anymore about it as i was going to be saving up for mods etc before mapping.

So i did this and went off to EFI for mapping. Chris told me that for some reason my primary 02 sensor wasnt working right, and it was throwing a code everytime it was activated in Kpro. It was set to run off the secondary narrowband 02 for some reason..

So i did a bit of digging and it appeared to have had a new primary 02 about 18 months ago, which i thought was odd to fail so quickly, so i took out the ecu to have a look at it..

Now the Ecu is looking like its a PRC one which it should be I think for a dc5, and it has a hondata Board in there too. See pics..

Now the weird part, when i go into Kmanager and click on the Kpro tab, it says it is for a euro civic and is a PRA ecu. Which would make sense as PRA doesnt support wideband.

But it doesnt appear to be a PRA one from the markings on the serials etc on the ecu.

I looked on the Hondata website to make sure it wasnt a counterfeit one, and as far as i can see it doesnt appear to be.

Coule it have the wrong software installed on the ecu, or could the board of been swapped or something? Its got me stumped...

Is it possible someone could tell me from the serials etc what it is / should be?

Iv attached pics...

Thanks in advance for any help...

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I am quite sure that just means it is running a calibration map from the PRA drop down.
If you have hondata you can open it on your laptop, select New Calibration and you will see a load of pre loaded calibrations available.
The drop down for vehicle type gives the different options.
Normally the PRB is used as the basemap but maybe since your wideband could have been faulty, a narowband map was loaded...

quinton

Thanks for that, that does make sense. I will have a look at this. Is there a way to then import my map settings off the PRA map into the new one or would it need a completely new map doing do you think? Thanks again matey

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
If the map is literally just one of the stock maps that are in the list then it would have really been for the ep3 and you would have probably had a drop in performance. That's assuming the previous owner bought kpro, fitted it and just loaded a basemap to get the car going?

If that was the case then a full remap would be needed for whatever mods you now have.

Having read your post again it seems strange that the 02 sensor wouldn't activate. Did the tuner load up a PRB map to then tune from?

I'll load a pra basemap onto mine and see if it changes in the software information to confirm what you have observed. If that is the case then there is no reason a prb basemap shouldn't load to then allow tuning from.

quinton

Thanks for your help luke.

Sorry i wasnt very clear in my orignal explanation. I was trying to get it all down in one place out of my head lol!

So i took the car to Efi after putting all of my mods on and it was still mapped by them, but im fairly sure after what you have showed me that it must of had a Pra basemap on there and that they just presumed my 02 was playing up and continued to map it on that basemap but disabled the primary 02. He did say to me to be fair i should swap my 02 sensor and reactivate it afterwards in Kmanager as and when.

Im sure i can always contact them if needs be. But i wondered if there was a way to load the settings etc that he did onto aa prb calibration.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.

quinton

When i finish work. Il try loading a prb map onto it and see if the 02 error dissapears. I have my old map backed up etc.

quinton

So i loaded an rsx prb map on and it reads the wideband and runs.

It does change the description in the kpro tab.

That was obviously the issue and I know now that i have the correct ecu and the AFR is displaying In kmanager

Only issue is now iv got to try and copy my map data over from the Map i had done, but im not too sure if it will work properly. I might Email the place and ask his advice.

Thanks for your help. At least i havnt got to fork put for another ecu, just mapping time at worst.

Cheers

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Oh I understand. You can open 2 versions of kmanager program, load a prb basemap and copy the values of each table over from your existing map. It's a bit long winded but the best way to ensure everything is the same.
Also go through the parameters too and make sure it all matches up.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Which O2 sensor was bought? The cheaper and non Honda ones don't last anywhere near as long as genuine ones.

quinton

Problem resolved.

My map was indeed done on the wrong initial calibration file.

Spoken to mapper, and he is sending me a revised map using the correct base file, and going for a check up on the dyno.

02 sensors werent the issue, it was the inability to use the wideband due to wrong calibration on ecu.

J-dawg

Sorry to dig up the past gents but I have this issue. So I sent my dc5 ecu off to Tegiwa to put on kpro4. (maybe that was my first mistake lol) when plugged in I get p1529 vtec system malfunction (oil pressure switch)

There were no issues prior to plugging in the new kpro4. I have checked and the ecu is a PRC one. The software loaded was also from a PRA euro civic type r.

I have since put on the RSX RPB drop down ecu option with k20a itr basr map. The EML will go off for a few seconds when cleared but will come back on every time. I'm new to using kpro so please keep it simple haha!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Pacifica said:
Sorry to dig up the past gents but I have this issue. So I sent my dc5 ecu off to Tegiwa to put on kpro4. (maybe that was my first mistake lol) when plugged in I get p1529 vtec system malfunction (oil pressure switch)

There were no issues prior to plugging in the new kpro4. I have checked and the ecu is a PRC one. The software loaded was also from a PRA euro civic type r.

I have since put on the RSX RPB drop down ecu option with k20a itr basr map. The EML will go off for a few seconds when cleared but will come back on every time. I'm new to using kpro so please keep it simple haha!

After you put on the prb map, you need to disable the oil pressure switch. Sorry shoulda said on Facebook.

Click parameters, then VTEC, the untick the switch enabled :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

J-dawg

I literally just found that as well haha. Will hopefully sort it tomorrow