KTune. NepTune for K-Series.

Bonito

Advanced Member
So anyone with NepTune/Demon experience will know it's a very nice piece of kit with ease of use and reliability.

Unfortunately we most likely wont see it over here for another couple of months due to no UK dealers signed up yet (so I've been told). However there are 2 or 3 who are interested.

Unfortunately again it looks as though most will need a conversion harness. It seems KTuner are favouring the 05 - 06 RSX Type S PRB ECU that can't be KPro'd, so they're going for the gap in the market. Anyone with a 05 - 06 Type S in the states has had to go any buy a 02 - 04 PRB ECU and have them modified and KPro'd in order to use them in their 05 - 06 RSX Type S. As most will need a conversion harness whether they're going Hondata/KTune/Megasquirt/AEM etc it seems to be favouring K- Swaps aswell.

The dealer version will be released 1st and all the bugs worked out. A developer version will then be released. However, with the developer version you can only make changes to your own ECU and wont have access to any ECU mapped commercially by a dealer.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/KTuner-LLC/187553721350269

http://ktuner.com/

dotty

Advanced Member
Interesting, however Kpro for the win. Most tuners are familiar with it :)

Bonito

Advanced Member
The more I read into it, the more it seems like it'll be a flop over here. All they've done is given people an option who couldn't have a KPro without buying another ecu and then having it KPro'd. Ontop of that, they're very late to the market. How long has Kpro been around now?

I thought yay KPro prices will drop now. Will they shíte. They'll maintain their price because nobody is going to go buying a conversion harness aswell as paying to have their OEM ECU KTuned.

So there's 2 customers.

USA 05 - 06 RSX TypeS
People doing a K Swap who have to buy a harness anyway for it to work.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
I thought yay KPro prices will drop now. Will they shíte. They'll maintain their price because nobody is going to go buying a conversion harness aswell as paying to have their OEM ECU KTuned.
eh?? hondata heavily reduced their prices 2-3 weeks ago!!

Bonito

Advanced Member
SuperFLY said:
eh?? hondata heavily reduced their prices 2-3 weeks ago!!
Just because Hondata did, doesn't mean all tuners have passed on the reduction in price and on top of that, 2nd hand KPro's still have their hefty price tag.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
Just because Hondata did, doesn't mean all tuners have passed on the reduction in price and on top of that, 2nd hand KPro's still have their hefty price tag.
2nd hand kpro and k100 are always over priced anyway

Bonito

Advanced Member
And that's why they never sell. People will wait. If they see a seller with a silly price tag they just wait and wait til they get desperate and the price is lower than what they most likely would have got had they priced it competitvely.

"It's expensive because it's mapped."

Yeh, well it aint mapped for my car. :xhaha:

I sold my PRB last year and I had it priced competitively. I had it advertised for 2 hours and it was gone.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
yeh the only reason why you still see them coming up at the usual second hand prices is down to the fact they come with an ecu (£150s worth for a UKDM) all ready to go.

but with the prices for the boards dropping, the outlays will be cheaper and we'll start seeing cheaper second hand ones coming up.. too soon for that at the moment though

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
kpro is very good value for what you get, anyone that has had a full standalone ecu will realise what a pain in the ass they are compared to kpro.