lap times

sinbad

Advanced Member
Does anyone know what the nurburgring lap time is for the DC5?

ive seen 8:43 but not sure if this is the dc2 or dc5.

http://wheeltalk.fancal.net/?p=476

IM trying to compare with other road cars. So if theres a list of donny lap times with the dc5 included that would do.

sinbad

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
you cant really compare

tyres
weather
driver skill
traffic
etc etc
Just after some kind of comparison really.
most nurburgring times have been done by the same auto sport driver and top gear test track has all been done by the Stig.

G4Z

The 8:43 was done by a euro/uk dc2 itr. The DC5 would be much faster round there as the extra cog helps alot :)

duffer987

sinbad said:
DC5TU said:
you cant really compare

tyres
weather
driver skill
traffic
etc etc
most nurburgring times have been done by the same auto sport driver and top gear test track has all been done by the Stig.
Not sure where you get that? :? 'Ring laps are done buy all sorts of different drivers. Each marque may have a preferred driver, but to say most are done by the same driver is simply incorrect, and on top of that, as DC5TU says "etc, etc..." :wink:

sinbad

Advanced Member
duffer987 said:
sinbad said:
DC5TU said:
you cant really compare

tyres
weather
driver skill
traffic
etc etc
Not sure where you get that? :? 'Ring laps are done buy all sorts of different drivers. Each marque may have a preferred driver, but to say most are done by the same driver is simply incorrect, and on top of that, as DC5TU says "etc, etc..." :wink:
OK, well i wasnt stating fact i was just saying that their usually done by the same driver. But again thats besides the point, im just after some kind of figures.

For example My teg isnt realy noticebly any faster on the road than my mates FRS. some itr drivers say that the teg is great on track and shows up much more expensive marques. All i want to know is how it compares to these more expensive marques in lap times as thats where its meant to be best...

clio_phil

I know what your getting at sinbad but im dont know the answer.
I think when certain cars are under development they blasted round the ring for some fine tuning and its these times you see/hear about.

The nissan gtr for example was clocked doing a 7:30 ish if im not mistaken.