Large puff when engaging vtec.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi all, hopefully someone can put my mind at rest. Since fitting my used spoon bpipe upto my N1, (still have cat fitted) i have been occasionally seeing a large puff out the back through my wing mirror.... The rear bumper also has specs of soot on it too afterwards so i know it's quite large when it happens. Its only really if i get in the car after a day of pottering around, and then giving it abit of welly in second that it happens. A few people who have followed me onto the national stretch of road near work have committed on it the next day and it has raised my suspicions.

Should i be worried? Is it just crap in the exhaust being puffed out? If i do it again after on the same journey it doesn't do it, and when it happens it just puffs once, not continued smoke like a VW.... Lol

Couldn't resist. But I digress....is this something to make me worry ot do i just have a well used mid section (internally that is)

The previous owner did track his car, Alicks is who sold it to me.

Regards
James

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have noticed this with your car as well. If it's blue or white smoke then it's a knackered engine. As its black soot smoke then I wouldn't worry. Carbon sticks to anything. You might find the car is running too lean and isn't burning all of the carbon away. I say too lean, not dangerous that the car is in danger of pinking or pre det but a rolling road will let you know. I used to get spot on my bumper but since the rebuild I haven't had any. An injector clean out might be a good idea too.

Nothing to worry about anyway mate. Just be glad you haven't got a VW...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
its normal with most high performance cars when throttle is wide open, some excess fuel, bit of carbon, etc. not normally anything to worry about

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Haha cali nothing like that. Haha.

Yeah i might get it on the RR at work. See whats what, but thanks for calming my nerves abit. Lol injectors do need a clean I would imagine, doubt they have ever been done.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I've just put an N1 on mine and it's doing the same. Nothing with the previous exhaust, so I presume it's just a build up of crappie oil deposits in the can.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
I don't buy this injector cleaning malarkey.. They have petrol flying through them, that'll clean them enough!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I've had my N1 backbox fitted for years, its been mated to a Kakimoto, B pipe, Un-silenced and OEM and now the Spoon B pipe this happens. haha

Thinking about it I also changed my oil over at the same time to Shell Helix from the nanodrive stuff as it was so cheap. Being under the car at the time I thought why not. But im wondering if the shell stuff has also caused a possible carbon build up more so that the millers nanodrive?

Its either Bpipe or oil as they are the only things changed. Or coincidence...

I've also been informed that the shell Vpower has quite a high carbon content, How true this is I do not know.