Launch Control- Static Noise Test Issue

Reggie91

Advanced Member
So, I had a track day at Bedford Autodrome on Saturday (this being my 5th time there) and I roll up to do the static noise test and the guy said rev to 2/3 of the redline (5.3krpm), to which i said i can't as the launch control kicks in at 4.5krpm.

He then went on to tell me I'm not allowed on track and i had to go somewhere to 'get that turned off.' Luckily i still had my previous sound check sticker on there from bedford, to which he didn't have an answer for so he passed it at 83db at 4krpm. He told me that people with 'rice rockets' like these tend to stick limiters on to pass noise tests.

I had no issues the whole day and at the end I told him that 'my "Rice Rocket" did alright then after all that drama this morning' which he just laughed and shrugged.

I also saw an modded nhb Ep3 drive out as i was pulling in so I'm guessing he got turned away for the same issue?

Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I could have just been imagining this.... but I'm sure I've been told sometime ago that if you hold the clutch in, engage reverse, and rev it by-passes it? It was at a Japfest many many years ago, and someone was revving the nuts off there teg, and I asked how due to the limiter and I'm certain this was what they were doing.

Again, try by all means, but it could be complete twaddle. And if it is, I apologise. haha worth a shot.

Indi

Advanced Member
I'm sure you can bypass it by just pressing the foot brake down and revving it at the same time. But I always just rev it to just before the launch control and it's been fine by marshals but then again I've never done Bedford.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply chaps. I can give that a go.

I was just more annoyed at the guys attitude and how he just judged me thinking I was not being transparent and put this devise on the car to add a rev limiter to pass noise tests.

adam.

Advanced Member
They are so bloody strict at Bedford. That being said, with the launch control I just told them when it kicked in and they passed it based on the RPM it limited at.

Tester must've got out of bed the wrong side.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
They are so bloody strict at Bedford. That being said, with the launch control I just told them when it kicked in and they passed it based on the RPM it limited at.

Tester must've got out of bed the wrong side.
Yeah that's what he did eventually after giving me crap about my "rice rocket". At 82db at 4.5krpm i don't think 1krpm will add 20db to the car

adam.

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Yeah that's what he did eventually after giving me crap about my "rice rocket". At 82db at 4.5krpm i don't think 1krpm will add 20db to the car
At Bedford with a DC5 it's not the exhaust you need to worry about.

The Teg/GruppeM peaks those mics terribly!

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Yeah I know. I had to let off around the mic's.

Time to change the intake I think

Indi

Advanced Member
Hahaha too right. Still need to find the time to do Oulton park
Haha you do. Fancy Donnington park this Saturday £130? I might be doing it

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I am able to press the brake and rev past the static limit, but that is because I have a Kpro. I'm not sure if that is a feature on a standard ECU.

I am sure that the limit exists on a stock ECU to stop Vtec engaging at a stand still, someone correct me if I am wrong?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Indi said:
Dude, what trackday organiser are you looking at?

Circuit days has it down for £179

adam.

Advanced Member
Indi said:
My brother (who now owns my DC5) was registered at 98.2dB (iirc) with a silenced cat back WITH cat and TegM box. This was on a 98dB day.

Go careful if you don‘t want the old black flag!

And definitely take a standard air box with you if you‘ve got breathing mods.

Indi

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Dude, what trackday organiser are you looking at?

Circuit days has it down for £179
Book through Circuit days website and use discount code CDTT18 it will drop the price from £179 to £130 dude

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Indi

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
My brother (who now owns my DC5) was registered at 98.2dB (iirc) with a silenced cat back WITH cat and TegM box. This was on a 98dB day.

Go careful if you don‘t want the old black flag!

And definitely take a standard air box with you if you‘ve got breathing mods.
Yeah they can be strict but I've know a few people with breathing mods that have been fine.
My last teg use to get black flagged at Donny but that was because it was 105db on flyby was fine when letting off slightly on home straight though

Mebz

Advanced Member
Indi said:
Yeah they can be strict but I've know a few people with breathing mods that have been fine.
My last teg use to get black flagged at Donny but that was because it was 105db on flyby was fine when letting off slightly on home straight though

Was that because of the solid fab exhaust or intake noise?