launch control?

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
Is it true that we can not revved our cars more than 5500 rpm when stationary? Because i cannot do it with my car....

dazza

Advanced Member
The ECU won't let the VTEC come in nor will it engage if it is not up to temperature.
PROTECTION :wink: :D

Project

Advanced Member
Yes true, standard ecu stops the car from going any higher than i think 5000 rpm, it is not a lauch control setting though more of another safety feature to stop unnecessary wear to engine.
I would have a look at your ecu as all standard ones have this setting.

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
But my car was warm, i went for a 10 min drive and i let the car warm up before...I did hit vtec a few times too. When i came to a rest i try to rev the car would not go above 5500 rpm....

Project

Advanced Member
thats correct its not supposed to, if its cold or warm, its a safety feature, it can only be changed if your ecu is not standard

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Unless you have Kpro with proper adjustable launch control, your std ECU WILL NOT let the car rev over 5500RPM when stationary.

Its not launch control as its far too high to be launch control, if you were to side step the clutch at those revs your just gonna create lots of smoke.

The Kpro Launch control (Adjustable Via KManager) Is usually set at around 3-4kRPM depending on preference, and keeps the revs at that level up til about 3MPH rolling, however some people have problems with hill starts etc!

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
as said without KPRO u cannot rev higher - there isnt any point lol.

But if u really want to do it - u can trickle along in neutral at 5mph and it'll do it then.... :?

Rob CTR

Advanced Member
system R will do it for £890.

But they will need your car for a afternoon for basic mods..

Will cost more if u have cams etc - would require a more in depth mapping session

Frank

Advanced Member
Sweet! Think I will be having some off that!

Does it help off the line or not much point due to our lack of grip?

Project

Advanced Member
It will help of the line times for such things as 1/4 mile runs but other than that i doubt you will ever use it.

Project

Advanced Member
It will help of the line times for such things as 1/4 mile runs but other than that i doubt you will ever use it.

DC5TU

Advanced Member
To buy a KPro brand new and have it mapped specifically to your car/mods can cost anything up to £1500 All inclusive!

I strongly reccomend it for a car in any state of tune!

Depending on what you have launch control set at will affect how well it works, if its set to low you will just bog down on the line, set to high and aas said before, youll just wheelspin like mad. Personal preference comes into it and also mechanical sympathy to your clutch etc!

Anyway, Launch control is just a bonus extra on top of the the awesome piece of kit KPro already is!!