• Yes - Leave Spacesaver in

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Save on weight!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gonzo

Advanced Member
Worth it?

If its not major I have tyre weld, if it is then im stuffed anyway so a space saver isn't going to help!

WHat does everyone else do?

T666YPR

I generally run around with mine in,but it's left at home to gather dust on trackdays.
If you've got some aerosol repair kit,I don't see a desperate need to carry the spare.

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
From the AA just in case anybody is worried about legality:

Spare tyres: There is no legal obligation to carry a spare tyre and it does not have to comply with the legal requirements while it is stowed away. However, when fitted to the vehicle (for example, following a puncture) it must then comply with the law. A spare tyre is not a testable item in the MOT test, though the examiner may draw your attention to an unserviceable item as a matter of courtesy.
HTH :)

mikegsi

Staff member
leave it in, doesnt weigh that much, just imagine your making your way home from somwhere far away, your in a slight hurry cos your on a promise, oh no, whats that noise, why is the steering not responding properly???
yep, its a flatty, good job i have a spare or id be stranded here, hundreds of miles from home while our lass is preparing herself for my arrival!!!!! :wink:

gonzo

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
leave it in, doesnt weigh that much, just imagine your making your way home from somwhere far away, your in a slight hurry cos your on a promise, oh no, whats that noise, why is the steering not responding properly???
yep, its a flatty, good job i have a spare or id be stranded here, hundreds of miles from home while our lass is preparing herself for my arrival!!!!! :wink:
Almost story like!!

:lol: :lol:

gonzo

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
Mine will now be staying at Home Steve, wouldn't go with my new painted rear :lol:

Mike

LOL!! a space saver wouldn't suit your new car! :wink: :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
MJ Type-R said:
Mine will now be staying at Home Steve, wouldn't go with my new painted rear :lol:
yor painting it???

most people have surgery :wink:

linzi94

Advanced Member
its not legal req to have one and afterall, if you had bought a C2 then you wouldnt have even got one!

i keep mine in but thats jus cos i worry too much about everything lol!

Erm

Advanced Member
always carry one since my last car which onlyhad that pooey gunk left me stranded once :roll:

Adz

Advanced Member
Took mine out ages ago..

and..

Scraped my nice new Toyo's on the curb in town whilst trying to take my coat off and answer the phone at the same time.. my fault I know, but was just gonna say 'i'll ring ya back' wish I had'nt bothered! :( I was only doin 5 mph... but before I get abuse for doing such a dumb thing.. I paid for it!.. scraped a nice little hole in the side of the tire wall which A: started the slow deflation of my near side tyre and B: made a very loud squealing noise as the air rushed throught the little rubber hole.. which caused EVERYBODY to stop and look at me as I drove, red faced, through the busy town centre looking for somewhere decent to pull over and inspect the damage.. :oops:

TWO HOURS I waited for someone to come bring me my spare wheel.. AND the nasty traffic warden tried to give me a ticket! :cry:

So.. do I keep my spare wheel in the car now?...

Of course not!!!.. It's gotta way nearly 10KG!!! :shock:

:lol:

Might invest in an AA card though....

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Never thought about it before now...but doubt removing the space saver would have much benefit for me - would need to take the sub out too :roll:

Then there's the stone I put on in last month after hols to turkey and USA, and me being a general big git :D

chunman81

Advanced Member
if you dont mind the hassle or putting it in and out.

i would leave it in if your going somewhere far, i.e. 100 miles or so.

take it out if your around any other times :D

GeordieAndy

Advanced Member
My old man when nuts with me when he went into my gargae to lend something and saw I wasnt carrying the spacesaver from my GTiR, which along with all the rear seats/ shelf etc I never did. It just seemed pointless when at the time I had 17'' rims on and the space saver being 14'' on a 4X4. I could see his point about being stranded, but I cudnt risk screwing the tranny or diff with the wrong ratio's etc. So its gud to hear its not a legal requirement. Wot size is the DC5 space saver, if U get a front flatty would U have to put a back wheel on the front and the space saver on the back so as not to F the front diff? :idea: