LeeH's project thread - Carbon Mirrors P9

LeeH

Advanced Member
Re: LeeH's project thread

This is way way out of date, bu heres a little teaser. :twisted:

dave c

400hp K20
Re: LeeH's project thread - Carbon bling page 5

Need to see more angles, hundreds more, that looks really good. Are you happy with it? Does it look right on the join? Detailed answers required as im damn tempted to do it too lol

LeeH

Advanced Member

dave c said:
Need to see more angles, hundreds more, that looks really good. Are you happy with it? Does it look right on the join? Detailed answers required as im curse tempted to do it too lol
I haven't seen it yet Dave as I'm not at home, the GF emailed me the pics and it cost me a fortune to upload them with my mobile BB in Spain. :xrealangry:

The join should be perfect as it has been re lacquered.

I'll post some more up when I get home....

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator

Dam you!

My car is going in today to have this done :xrealangry: he he.

I currently have a carbon bonnet and a carbon spoiler but I think it looks odd with the sides of the carbon spoiler being black. I find that from some angles the spoiler merges into the black rear window and you can't see it! I'm getting the sides of the spoiler sprayed up and I may even get the bonnet spyared white but i'm going to leave that decision to the last minute as I want to see it with the spoiler first.

Matt.

brucey87

Advanced Member

matt, if you decide to spray your carbon bonnet white would you fancy doin a swap with me? Iv got a carbon bonnet but its in need of a refurb anyway. That spoiler does look good wonder what it would look like just with that carbon wrap stuff round the middle?

jay82

Advanced Member

LeeH said:

well lee you were my guinea pig with that spoiler :lol: :lol:
gonna order mine now 8)
looks very well can't wait to see more pics

Ezza

Advanced Member

Is that a carbon rear spoiler with the sides sprayed white or a white spoiler with centre vinyl wrap?

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.

Ezza said:
Is that a carbon rear spoiler with the sides sprayed white or a white spoiler with centre vinyl wrap?

C/F Spoiler,with the sides sprayed. ;)

dan_dc5

Advanced Member

Hi Lee, how much dynamat did you need for the full car?

LeeH

Advanced Member

jay82 said:
LeeH said:
Jay, they are not a 100% fit and they had to bake it a little to help it fit.

Just thought you should know.....

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator

brucey87 said:
matt, if you decide to spray your carbon bonnet white would you fancy doin a swap with me? Iv got a carbon bonnet but its in need of a refurb anyway. That spoiler does look good wonder what it would look like just with that carbon wrap stuff round the middle?
Hi Ya,

I do actually have a white spoiler with carbon wrap just around the top bit and it looked ok but the cabon effect stuff I used just doesn't look like real carbon fibre so I felt it just wasn't good enough for the car.

With regards to the bonnet it's kind of a suck it and see. I'm having Aero Catch bonnet catches fitted but the guy was really nervous about damaging the caron fibre. I told him that if the worst happens and it does get damaged then just spray it white. I kind of hope it all goes ok and it should really but it's just there as a backup plan!

I can take some photos of the spoiler I did the next time I pop up to my garage. There might even be some photos on here somewhere?

Matt.

mikegsi

Staff member

Croccy said:
brucey87 said:
Hi Ya,

I do actually have a white spoiler with carbon wrap just around the top bit and it looked ok but the cabon effect stuff I used just doesn't look like real carbon fibre so I felt it just wasn't good enough for the car.

With regards to the bonnet it's kind of a suck it and see. I'm having Aero Catch bonnet catches fitted but the guy was really nervous about damaging the caron fibre. I told him that if the worst happens and it does get damaged then just spray it white. I kind of hope it all goes ok and it should really but it's just there as a backup plan!

I can take some photos of the spoiler I did the next time I pop up to my garage. There might even be some photos on here somewhere?

Matt.

was it the proper 3M carbon wrap you used? there are a few cheaper versions out there that arent as easy to work with and dont have the same effect!

Peter D

Advanced Member

Looks much better with the sides white! Just a thought though, i think it would look cool if you had the Nurburgring decal on each side of the spoiler on the white bit now? And remove the one from the boot?

mikegsi

Staff member

Peter D said:
Looks much better with the sides white! Just a thought though, i think it would look cool if you had the Nurburgring decal on each side of the spoiler on the white bit now? And remove the one from the boot?

Sorry mate but I've got to disagree about the ring decal on either side!!

LeeH

Advanced Member

mikegsi said:
Peter D said:

Sorry mate but I've got to disagree about the ring decal on either side!!

Me too =;

stephen1612

Advanced Member

The spoiler looks deadly! That's my next mod decided... although I might still be tempted to go the vinyl route.

ricco121

how do i get the spoiler like that. do i have to buy the carbon fibre one and then get the sides sprayed white. help.... i went to see a sign campany about getting it wrapped in carbon fibre vinyl but they said theres too many angles on it and that it wouldnt look right. cheers :xhelp:

Peter D

Advanced Member

If you just wanted the middle bit carbon then im sure they could do that no bother!

ricco121

yea thats what i wanted just the middle section, but they said they couldnt do it, it wouldnt look tidy. :xconfused: