Leics , Looking to buy a DC5 too

quiksilver

Hi all,

wow , I didn't realise there were so many UK DC5 owners out there , cos I haven't seen one on the road yet :D

anyway ... I am looking to buy one , like now , ASAP 8)

Any advice on dealers , pitfalls , prices would be mucho appreciated.

If you have bought a DC5 in the last few months, let me know who sold it to you and how good the service was ...

Thanx in advance,

~quik~

quiksilver

thanks for the info 8)

I'll keep my eye out for your DC5 on the road , as I still haven't seen one yet

btw, I used to get Francis Honda in Mountsorrel to do work on my Nissan 300ZX , really good service down there , considering I owned a Nissan :eek:

thats sold now though , so I can purchase my DC5 , can't wait :roll:

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
quiksilver,

If you have cash waiting you may want to look at those in the For Sale section. Two have hit the market this last weekend and both are currently run by 'sensible' owners. If you need to sort out finance or p/ex then you need dealer info - that which I am unable to provide.

ps. As you're so local, if you really want to see one in the flesh a few of us are having a little get-together in Nuneaton on 4th April (Check out the Meets section)

quiksilver

thanks for the information dude , hopefully I will be able to give one of them a good home :)

and big thanks for the invite to the meet, hopefully I will have my own DC5 by then.

wow must get some weird looks with loads of DC5's lined up, as they are so rare at the moment.

~quik~

Lucas291

Newest Newbie here, still wet behind the ears :)

Have recently been in the market for an Integra TypeR DC5 but I'm not sure what is the best way of going about it!

Really want the most hassle free option and want to keep the OTR price to around 16K, don't mind if it's a '01 model and I'm flexible on the colour (would like blue though :wink: )

Any help will be very much appreciated, I have seen a few importers that look ok but I'm itchin to get one.

Any recommended importers would also help. I'm in the S/E UK area but am willing to travel for the right car.

Thanks all

Lucas

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Lucas 291, Welcome to the forum. £16K is about the going rate for an '01 model and I offer you (and develop) the same advice as I offered quiksilver earlier - If you have the cash available two very well-looked after examples have recently been put on the market by members of this forum. Each are up for £16K and would be as good as you'll find for the money, a Championship White in Herts and a Milano Red (very rare) in SE Kent (Check out SJ_Skyline and JOM threads in For Sale section).

If you have to raise finance and sort out p/ex then, obviously, you will be expecting to pay out a little more through trade dealers. Other threads discuss the pros and cons of various importers, the most popular seem to be Japanese Performance Cars (see banner at top) of Blackburn and Litchfield Imports of Cheltenham. I bought my car elsewhere though so it would be unfair for me to make any comments on these particular traders.

The only advice I would offer is to make sure you're getting what you pay for - Check the Auction Grade (It'll be in the documentation from Japan) and ensure you don't get caught out by a pup. Other than that, these models seem mechanically to be pretty bomb-proof so you shouldn't have too many problems there but also remember that you should expect to be paying upward of a grand (even if you're over thirty-five with full ncb) for insurance. Happy hunting :D

Lucas291

Cheers guys

That one in Folkstone is really nice, but I'm the wrong side of London and thats the wrong side of 16K :(

That is exactly what Im after though, and I'm prepared to wait a while so I get what I want.

Thanks again...I'll keep you all posted on my success (I hope)

Lucas

Lucas291

Thanks Skyline,

I like that site, plenty of DC5's coming and going too which is good.

I think I'll give em a bell...does he know you? by name I mean, not that I know your name :wink:

Anybody suggest any decent insurers for imports, one insurer I called didn't know what an integra was let alone an import DC5

Cheers

Lucas

MindMorgue

A-Plan were by far the cheapest for me, call 0845 071 1234

Others I found that would actually quote (as most can't find the car) were:

Tesco's (don't have number to hand)
Adrian Flux 0870 0777888
Privilege 0845 246 0311

CTRBOY

Hi all im a newbie to this forum i currently drive a CTR but i like chatting in various forums as its good to hear opinions off different cars from different manufacturers. I do like the DC5 and think its cracking just a pity Honda Uk wont release it here officially.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Lucas291

Welcome to the board mate. I just wondered, if you are looking for a 2001 etc then why don't you just buy one of the ones on sale here in this forum.. That way you get your car nice and quick and you know its been looked after well

Just wondered..

UW

Lucas291

Unnamed_warrior said:
Lucas291

I just wondered, if you are looking for a 2001 etc then why don't you just buy one of the ones on sale here in this forum..
I know, prob is I probably have a few weeks before I can think about it really so I will have to see what is around at the time, that would be ideal though but I don't want to go making promises to forum members till I know what my situation is.

Cheers

Lucas