Lenso Project D Spec-F wheels - Help with sourcing.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Evening all,

Well, I'm slightly obsessed with the above mentioned wheels...IMO they're stunning and I would love to have them on the DC5.

Here they are in all their glory; :)

http://www.lensowheel.com/Raiden-Sub-Brand-list/Default.aspx?SubCatID=20007

My only issue is I'm finding it impossible to get my hands on a set, the only listed UK distributor is Auto Part UK and after a million emails, they can't help me...

http://www.autopartuk.com/ - They only stock what they think is good for sales in the UK/European market, and for some reason Spec-F aren't included. :(

So my question is, What other options do i have for sourcing a set?

My only other option, which isn't actually an option is XXR 527, but the closest size they come in is 17x8.25 ET35 as opposed to the Spec-F size of 17x7.5 ET42 which is pretty much perfect.

A huge factor in the search is i already have a set of 215/45/17 Eagle F1's waiting in the garage and i wouldn't really like to stretch them over a 8.25 wheel.

I have a thing for slight concave on wheels, I just think they would look stunning on the Teg.

So any ideas? :)

Thanks,

Chewy (Lewis)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I know Porthos had the Spec-E and had to wait ages to get them. Only set in the UK. PM him. He might be able to help you.

Adam

Chewy

Advanced Member
Looks as though Porthos can't receive any new messages (I'm guessing his inbox might be full).

Anyone else have any ideas? Haha.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
You won't even get CLOSE to getting any concave on 7x7.5, sorry to disappoint but 7.5" will be completely flat.

I've got the Lenso Spec-C's, lightest of the lot and love them

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Looks as though Porthos can't receive any new messages (I'm guessing his inbox might be full).

Anyone else have any ideas? Haha.
I will text him. See if he can help.

Justintian

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
You won't even get CLOSE to getting any concave on 7x7.5, sorry to disappoint but 7.5" will be completely flat.
I think Liam is right, the concave also called gtr version in japanese manufacture, thery are normally made for at least 8-8.5 wide or above wheels. The one you looked at is very similar to japanese weds wheel motorsports one SA10r
http://wedssport.jp/products/sa10r.html
Have a look at the specification section, the F and R explains everything.

Chewy

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:

This is one thing i was worries about, but i still think they look great.

Can i ask where you got your Spec-C's from?

Chewy

Advanced Member
JT's said:
I think Liam is right, the concave also called gtr version in japanese manufacture, thery are normally made for at least 8-8.5 wide or above wheels. The one you looked at is very similar to japanese weds wheel motorsports one SA10r
http://wedssport.jp/products/sa10r.html
Have a look at the specification section, the F and R explains everything.
This will explain why the XXR 527 come as 17x8.25 in their smallest form.

:twisted: If sizing wasn't an issue, the 18x10.5 TC 105N would be the ones to have!

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
This is one thing i was worries about, but i still think they look great.

Can i ask where you got your Spec-C's from?
I ordered my Spec-C's from a local garage in Newcastle (who I now wouldn't recommend after dealing with them), if you want to try using them I'll PM you their name but I don't want to be giving them any free publicity they do not deserve.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Thanks for the offer LiamGTR but if you've had bad dealings with them previously, I'll probably give them a miss.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
The Spec-C's aren't hard to come by. Nowhere will have them in stock but pretty much anywhere can get them within 2 days. Even the official Lenson Spec-C promo video they used 2 Dc5's...clearly were made for with cars in mind (I like to think) :) lol