Lets hear your suggestion of audio to this CCTV of someone stoofing my car and driving off!

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
So after days of checking CCTV footage from various places I found the culprit!

Not sure if I am going to get a plate from the footage yet..but there cant be that many people matching the description and car in our village. Just cant believe they drove off!

https://youtu.be/lB3aH7ViBek

Also anyone know what model the car is?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Looks like a Ford C-max.

What a bell... Hope you find them mate.

Also, The audio on that recording, Sounds like someone's fapping ? haha.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Looks like a Ford C-max.

What a bell... Hope you find them mate.

Also, The audio on that recording, Sounds like someone's fapping ? haha.
Sorry meant the audio to the actual CCTV. The real audio is me hanging off step ladders trying to film the CCTV machine lol.

Yeah hope so. Rubbish just driving off and how much space do you need to back out of a parking spot!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I was thinking much the same as others, at the start of the video i was thinking the car is parked on its own, how can anybody actually hit it?? It is not near anybody, then i see this bell end reversing. How the hell is that possible??? What tool, i get more frustrated the more i watch it and just don't understand how that happened. The person must have ZERO spacial awareness, in fact if possible their spacial awareness is negative, meaning they are drawn to collide with things.

Anyway. She is probably blaming the boy racer for parking the car there. Or something stubborn like "It was not there when i started reversing" and will refuse to believe it was

loud945

it amazes me people like that even dress themselves.. what sort of damage did it cause? scuff or dent? all of the above?

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
How the hell can you reverse into a car with a near empty car park!? These kind of drivers really p*ss me off.

Defo looks like a C-Max
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ford+c+max&rlz=1C1CHFX_enGB516GB516&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwivl-CExNrNAhXLK8AKHXSFCGsQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=ford+c+max+2004
C-max seems to be the consensus. I am on a look out for a cmax with some damage to the rear and i will find it!

TyperItr said:
I was thinking much the same as others, at the start of the video i was thinking the car is parked on its own, how can anybody actually hit it?? It is not near anybody, then i see this bell end reversing. How the hell is that possible??? What tool, i get more frustrated the more i watch it and just don't understand how that happened. The person must have ZERO spacial awareness, in fact if possible their spacial awareness is negative, meaning they are drawn to collide with things.

Anyway. She is probably blaming the boy racer for parking the car there. Or something stubborn like "It was not there when i started reversing" and will refuse to believe it was
My guess is she just didnt check her rear-view mirror at all but still then its hard to miss a teg with its rear spoiler.

MatthewM said:
"Where did that celica come from?"
Haha excellent. Or maybe she thought ah well its only a celica never mind.....

loud945 said:
it amazes me people like that even dress themselves.. what sort of damage did it cause? scuff or dent? all of the above?
Broke the side clips, scratch across the back of the bumper, popped off the side of the bumper. But the worst is the paint peeling where it flexed and stress lines all over the place. Hope it just needs a patch and re-paint. If not a new rear bumper :(.

Looking at it again I think she either gets flashed out or waved out of her spot by the other car. Then when she hits mine she jumps out and blames the other car for letting her out, points the blame at them then drives off. I should have downloaded footage by this evening and will check that for more detail. If not have a contact that works for the BBC who may be able to do something with it. Failing that i will drive around or wait till I see the car, get the reg and let the police have it.

Its not a large village i live in so wont take long i imagine. Plus the time on the cctv (its an hour out) makes it a school run so will check the school when i drop my little lad off, must be some damage to their car.

Cennix1

Ouch! It looks like she still has the tax disc displayed unless I'm mistaken which may help distinguish it?

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
Not sure if the quality would be good enough, but you maybe able to use some various (free online) software that should render the image a little clearer and possibly see the registration?

Good luck!

swanny1982

Advanced Member
and in the meantime the other car pinches the space he was waiting to get into lol! I had this done to my civic couple of weeks ago it was parked aroound the back of my house actually on a private driveway and someone turned into it smashed the boot in completely, cracked the bumper and kindly drove off!

nsxer

Advanced Member
That's the absolute pits ... Hate seeing stuff like this.

You wonder why you ever bother investing in nice cars when absolute filth like this are about.

The U.K has turned into a cess-pit ... People have total disregard for others property.

I blame the total lack of discipline and values taught now ... It's just scum like this that gets away with it

If you do track them down be ready for plenty of abuse and lies ... Regardless of evidence

Hope you get car sorted ...

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Bit of an update :)

I managed to track her through the various shops and pieced the footage together and got a colour mug-shot :) :)

I then took this around all the local shops and she was recognized! Lives local and is in often. Once she pops up again pretty much all of the shop keepers are going to catch her Reg plate. The police have the footage and are also going to keep an eye out.

Only a matter of time now ;) The net is closing in!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Hope she gets some sort of criminal damage charge, or evading responsibility charge if that exists!

Good luck hope you get your repairs sorted.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
Hope she gets some sort of criminal damage charge, or evading responsibility charge if that exists!

Good luck hope you get your repairs sorted.
Leaving the scene of an accident.... Maybe?

Yeah hope you get her!! :xdisguest:

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Its technically leaving the scene of an accident so I am told but the police tend to let it slide if they fess up. If they do not respond then they will go and knock a door and possibly press charges.

Footage is pretty damning as is the other 20 stills i have from other CCTV cameras with the same stamp showing her getting in and out of the car ;)

Incase you hadn't guessed I am not the sort to let things go. :twisted:

http://www.nopenaltypoints.co.uk/legal-rules-involved-traffic-accident.html

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Well its taken 3 weeks of Columbo work but I have finally found the other party!! :)
Took hours of searching and door knocking but it was worth it.
Still claiming there was no damage but you can't argue with cctv and colour photos. Has asked me to get costs for repair work and go from there.

So who knows the price of the brackets each side of the wrap around. Also rough price for a rear bumper. Will compare that against a spotless repair. If she doesn't agree then I will be unleashing the fury of greenlight upon thee!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
I'd be reporting to the police too, especially if the other party gets uncooperative.

Leaving the scene of any accident is frowned upon.

Well done on the investigation:)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk