LHD headlights conversion to RHD

DC5RS

DC5
So here is my situation, i (idiot) bought a pair of US style headlights ignoring the fact about the beam pattern being on the other side, the headlights look awesome and don't bother people that much but depends on the situation (what angle is the opposite car etc).

I am having now a spare genuine JDM headlight kit but of course there is haze etc on the outer plastic.

I wanted to ask if anyone have ever changed the outside plastic peace from the US style and attach it to the genuine JDM, so in this way i have a clear headlight and right pattern.

I saw the oven method used by acura's owners to blackout their cars and though if i could do the same method to attach the new headlight plastic to the old JDM one.

Thanks in advance.

p.s i have NO budget for a new pair of headlights now since i live in the **** CYPRUS. (you all know our situation).
And i have already tried aligning the beam.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
The oven way is the best way mate. I've looked into this as I had terrible headlights, and I ended up buying 2 new units from Honda.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
ive done the heat trick too with an evo, and yes its interesting, but it should work.
i was going to say they will fail the mot with the wrong beam pattern but that wont affect you in cypres will it?

Vtequila

Dutchy
Yeah my question too, you need RHD headlights (lightbeam to the left) but you accidently ordered a LHD set from the USA ?

Im ordering a new set from the USA too, which is for LHD road. We drive on the right side of the road in Holland.

On what side do they drive in Cyprus ?

Right side of the road --> LHD headlights (lightbeam to the right)
Left side of the road --> RHD headlights (lightbeam to the left)

:)

DC5RS

DC5
Teegwa said:
i did the oven trick lol it was interesting to say the least
What was the result? did you have the outer plastic removed?

C&S Evo7 said:
ive done the heat trick too with an evo, and yes its interesting, but it should work.
i was going to say they will fail the mot with the wrong beam pattern but that wont affect you in cypres will it?
I drive on the LEFT side of the road so with the pattern now being _/_/ this way yes it affects me. It should be like that in Cyprus \_\_

Vtequila said:
Yeah my question too, you need RHD headlights (lightbeam to the left) but you accidently ordered a LHD set from the USA ?

Im ordering a new set from the USA too, which is for LHD road. We drive on the right side of the road in Holland.

On what side do they drive in Cyprus ?

Right side of the road --> LHD headlights (lightbeam to the right)
Left side of the road --> RHD headlights (lightbeam to the left)

:)
I can sell you mine if you want (you also dont have to pay custom taxes from Cyprus, plus they are only 2 weeks old as you see in the pic) so i can have some founds for the headlights purchase group buy here in the forums.

In Cyprus we drive on the left side of the road so my US style headlights are not appropriate. That's why i want to swap.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Bit fiddly but easily doable buddy

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

s4mmi

I might be intrested in your headlights. Just bought a DC5 and I need a set of LHD lights to pass MOT in Belgium.. ;)

DC5RS

DC5
s4mmi said:
I might be intrested in your headlights. Just bought a DC5 and I need a set of LHD lights to pass MOT in Belgium.. ;)
let me know by pm if interested.

I just restored my genuine headlights which came up pretty good so this set is going to be an extra now :)