Light covers needed, water leaking in!!

GORGOSHMORGO

Hello, I've been involved in somewhat of a saga with my local Honda dealership recently, here goes:
I needed an MOT at end of August, brought car to Brindley Honda Birmingham, the car failed it's MOT because one of the dipped beams was not working (I told them this when I booked the car in for the MOT and requested that they order a replacement in advance, they didn't and even had the cheek to try and make me pay for a second MOT!!)
They ordered the necessary bulb and again I brought my car to them, this time they discovered that the water proof covers on the lights had been removed causing serious corrosion to the control units. They therefore said that I'd need to order two new control units, wiring looms, two new bulbs and the covers, coming to around £900.
Thankfully ( I think) pretty much all the parts are on back order, giving me time to shop around and book my car in for an HID conversion at Snoopershop for around £580 including labour and hence cancelling all work at Brindley Honda.
Unfortunately I still really need the covers that go on the back of the lamps as I don't want the problem to happen again. Can anyone suggest anywhere that I could get these from quickly??
Would Acura RSX parts from the US be suitable??
I tried getting the part number from Brindley Honda and was abruptly told that they "don't give out part numbers" which is a total lie as I've obtained such information from them before.
Sorry for the excessively long message, I'll post the rest of my experiences with Brindley Honda some other time, I'm in the midst of pursuing my complaint with Honda UK over their shoddy service.

Cheers

Andrew

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hummmm

I assume you have a DC5 which you have had all the light problems with ??

As the DC5 is not an official UK car (wrong market..), Honda UK are not likely to be very helpful with regards the dealership tbh...

The beest person to talk to regards this, would be Dave at Steels Honda, he should be able toy sort you out...

As to RSX parts, these wouldn't around the lights be the same...

Mike

GORGOSHMORGO

Yeah, I got a DC5 in May, am absolutely in love with the damn thing!!
Thanks for the info, I'll give Dave a bell tomorrow, will let you know how I got on.

Cheers

Andrew