Light Weight Competition Flywheel

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone running one of these?

Just asked Stevie at Unit8 to supply and fit with Exedy clutch kit. Apparetly its what they use in the buddyclub DC5 :D

Any comments/feedback would be great.

Dan

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
This was fitted today along with the replacement exedy clutch kit. Thanks to both Stevie and Mark @ Unit 8 for fitting. Top job all round :p

For those that are interested, we weighed the two flywheels for comparisons and the oem was 4.8kg and the ultra light weight competition 4.2kg. Still a kilo heavier than the carbonetic one through :eek:

Anyway main reason for swap out was to fix my high rpm gear change issue so will feed back on whether its cured this later in the week. Letting the plate and flywheel bed in together before giving beans O:)

leek9

coyote_dc5 said:
This was fitted today along with the replacement exedy clutch kit. Thanks to both Stevie and Mark @ Unit 8 for fitting. Top job all round :p

For those that are interested, we weighed the two flywheels for comparisons and the oem was 4.8kg and the ultra light weight competition 4.2kg. Still a kilo heavier than the carbonetic one through :eek:

Anyway main reason for swap out was to fix my high rpm gear change issue so will feed back on whether its cured this later in the week. Letting the plate and flywheel bed in together before giving beans O:)
its quite light as standard then

my ek9 fly was over 6 kg and my exedy one is now 3.3kg

celox performance

Advanced Member
I've got a lightened flywheel on mine but i'm not sure what it weighs :? . I had it put in when I had a final drive put in and clutch so I wouldn't know if it made much difference tbh. The final drive did for sure :D

It's one of those mods on the Teg that I would never do unless the clutch was being changed anyway because the OEM fly is so light anyway.

JDC5

Charged DC5
So how does the car feel like now? does it rev up faster?

I've just purchased the carbonetic pro-spec carbon clutch that comes with the lightest flywheel for the car so can't wait till thats in... its a thing of beauty!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
wow that flywheel looks the nuts!!

Car doesnt really seem that different if im honest but only shed .6kg off the weight.

If thats the 3.2kg then you'll be shedding 1.6KG which will make a difference im positive. Have you gone for a up rated clutch kit too??

If you've got a stage 2 upwards then the pressure plate will be lighter too, helping reduce that whp and fhp gap ever more.

You'll have to vid the revs before and after so we can all see the change ;)

JDC5

Charged DC5
Yeah its the 3.2KG flywheel. so lets hope its better for me to drive with

what... up rated clutch? I'm not to sure as i lefted it with dixon at DMS motorsports to order me the clutch, I only just saw it today and its getting fitted tomorrow along with alot of stuff for the car.

I mean, i brought the pro spec one and it comes complete with the housing and a carbon clutch plate, well a blade type but its all carbon, it was very light indeed! i was quite amazed

Dont worry, once my car is ready i will get some video's up

8)

JD