lightest dc5 thread

phil r

Advanced Member
going to get mine weighed soon, wanted to know who else has done this & what weight saving things have people done at the moment I've taken spare wheel out , jack etc , rota boosts wheels , light wheel nuts as a starting point .
as per most powerful Na car thread this could be interesting & see mods done to achieve weights xthumbup

JCW

Advanced Member
My car is by no means the lightest out there but do have few aftermarket parts that reduce weight, chief among them being my CE28n's that only weigh a measly 13.8lb each (OE rim weighs 19lb!).
also got some project mu front rotors to fit which will shed another 3kg of unsprung weight 8)

Other bits are Ings bonnet which weighs about half the original as does the Mugen exmani and gruppe m must be a tad bit lighter than the OE airbox

so reckon all that's saved a good 30kg :D

where are you getting your DC5 weighed phil?

logik

Advanced Member
I had my car NCT/MOT recently and the reading on the sheet after was 1,340KG.

phil r

Advanced Member
JCW said:
My car is by no means the lightest out there but do have few aftermarket parts that reduce weight, chief among them being my CE28n's that only weigh a measly 13.8lb each (OE rim weighs 19lb!).
also got some project mu front rotors to fit which will shed another 3kg of unsprung weight 8)

Other bits are Ings bonnet which weighs about half the original as does the Mugen exmani and gruppe m must be a tad bit lighter than the OE airbox

getting weighed at local weigh bridge , taking they weigh 1280 kilos as standard no stuts etc so will be interesting , just thought it would be interesting to see peoples mods & see how much it actually brings the weight down :?:

CTR_Chris

Advanced Member
I took a crap this morning so thats gotta be good for at least 2kg...thinking about shaving my pubic hair and driving naked next

logik

Advanced Member
phil r said:
JCW said:

getting weighed at local weigh bridge , taking they weigh 1280 kilos as standard no stuts etc so will be interesting , just thought it would be interesting to see peoples mods & see how much it actually brings the weight down :?:
Mine is completely standard and according the NCT/MOT it weighs 1340KG?

JCW

Advanced Member
Vechice weight with aircon is 1180 according to the specs page but think that's weighed without fluids in.. still 1340 seems a tad high ?

phil r

Advanced Member
Sorry I put 1280 kilos on my last reply meant 1180 also believed to be the spec as standard will have to get mine done & see, will put up weights of others if I have names :)

1) logic - 1340 kilos

logik

Advanced Member
Ok now i need to go and get that sheet and see if i am only dreaming things.

There is no way my car is 200KG over the standard spec.

jay82

Advanced Member
that weight on the nct is wrong it said my car weight is 1302kg and i had it on a scales in work and weight was 1220kg standard. i'll put it on again in a few weeks when i clear stuff out boot cause i didn't have much of a sound system at the time.
and the nct would weight the car with someone in it aswell