Lights on Dash Cluster dims! Why?

jay81

Hi Guys,

I drive a dc5 facelift version (JDM). The lights on my dash clusters dims when i switch on the head light. Why is this so?

My battery is ok. Harness? If yes, is there a way I can DIY? Appreciate some advise.

Thanks guys!

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
garytc78 said:
You just need to twist the oddo reset mate.
Like Garytc78 said, just twist the odo reset.

AFAIK it will not be as bright as when the lights turned off, this is because when it stays on with this brightness in the dark. You need to wear sunglasses 8).

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
jay81 said:
The lights on my dash clusters dims when i switch on the head light. Why is this so?

Lots of cars do,dont they? I know my van does,my gf's Suzuki swift,does. I thought all cars did it.

You have turned the headlights on,therfore,it's getting dark,hence needing less illumination,too see the clocks.

Right?. :xconfused: :xlol:

jay81

I'm aware of the odo reset knob. I had it turn to the max. The thing is, the lights luminating the mileage dims whenever the headlights are switched on.

Is this normal? If yes, then I guess there's nothing to worry about then.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep its normal, if it stays on its very bright especially in the dark and could be distracting

jay81

Errm. The lights looks so dim, maybe its just me!! :lol:

Vt Doo,

Your nick cracks me up too... It rhymes with 'poo' .. \:D/

VT-Doo

RushDoo
My suspicions have been confirmed, you've never owned a car before and probably not even old enough to drive.

Note to self; don't help this person!

jay81

Haha.. I do own a dc5, but 'm not from the UK.

You started with the sarcastic remarks, and I got u back. So chill!