Longshot - Anyone ID my exhaust

Linus27

Advanced Member
I know this will probably be a longshot, but anyone able to ID my exhaust on my DC5? I have only had the car since Sunday and the previous owner had no idea. It has no markings or plates on it at all and the tailpipe is about 2.4" ID wide. Its very loud on start up when cold despite having the OEM mid pipe but does get a fair bit quieter when warm.

Any ideas?

Ezza

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene said:
a spoon copy with no rolled tip??

looks more like my fujitsubo power getta
Tail pipe looks too small to be a powergetter

DC5 Alex

looks like this ebay special with straight cut tip instead of rolled.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-EP3-TypeR-Type-R-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Axleback-System-01-SS-N1-/271435776566?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f32d54236
OR
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-EP3-CATBACK-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-2000-2007-EX8142-/400274374934?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d32364116

If no markings, I would think its most prob a cheap aftermarket, non branded backbox. ALTHOUGH sometimes the branding is on top of the exhaust, like cobra have, e.g.

Eight Speed

Advanced Member
Looks like a genuine Spoon but with the rolled end taken off as it sits sub-flush to the bumper.

Linus27

Advanced Member
I think that it might be a cheap Spoon copy rather than an genuine as there is no hole in the tail piece for the bung to attach.

The good news is the car also came with a fujitsubo power getta back box. I will put this on and see what I think. Tho Spoon copy is really very loud at startup but I have a feeling the fujitsubo power getta will be the opposite so I will have to think of ways to make the car a little louder, maybe an unsilenced mid pipe or decat.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
I think that it might be a cheap Spoon copy rather than an genuine as there is no hole in the tail piece for the bung to attach.

The good news is the car also came with a fujitsubo power getta back box. I will put this on and see what I think. Tho Spoon copy is really very loud at startup but I have a feeling the fujitsubo power getta will be the opposite so I will have to think of ways to make the car a little louder, maybe an unsilenced mid pipe or decat.
As eightspeed said, looks genuine but they appear to have cut the rollrd tip off, also removing the hole for the bung, and making it sit further back in rather than poking out the back. Is it straight cut or does it look slightly off to one angle? I can't quite tell from the pic. Welds look extremely similar to my genuine spoon. Early models didn't come with any markings.

Linus27

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
As eightspeed said, looks genuine but they appear to have cut the rollrd tip off, also removing the hole for the bung, and making it sit further back in rather than poking out the back. Is it straight cut or does it look slightly off to one angle? I can't quite tell from the pic. Welds look extremely similar to my genuine spoon. Early models didn't come with any markings.
Thank you. I think you and Eight Speed could be right. I have just had a look and the cut is not consistant as if the end was been chopped off badly. Very far from being consistant.

I've only had the car since Sunday and I keep finding little things like this which is pretty exciting. I wonder what items are on the car :) I wonder if the mid pipe is OEM or if the car has a decat. The car certainly pops and burbles a little bit which I would had thought would happen with just a Spoon back box. Also, compared to my EP3, this DC5 is like a rocket ship and is super stiff. Feels like a touring car compared to my EP3.

Brophy

Advanced Member
Looks slightly similar to my exhaust just now , is the tip a burnt finish ? If give it a clean/wipe on the tip should say a brand.