looking for a dc5

rodney

Advanced Member
dave kil said:
rodney said:
Because they'll be another thread highlighting a loss of a board member, an all to real possibility if an 18 year with ZERO expereience gets behind the wheel of a car like ours. Not to mention the risk to other road users and pedestrians I.e me walking along a path with my 13 month old.

I'll be avoiding this thread as it's winding me up.
It's in one ear and out the other with some people mate. The victim here is going to be the poor dc5 :(

Have a search for the kid who got himself an Evo and smashed it up within a week, I think a member on here sold it to him
Aye , think that it was Dotty.

Half the reason I sold the dc2 was because of the chav youngsters picking them up and thinking they were Button. Ep3's went the same way fairly rapidly, think an A4 avant chugger is calling me sooner than I'd thought :?

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
chazzyw said:
good news, just got quoted 3800 for me as a main driver and policy holder :) im happy with that

Just out of interest which company was it that quoted you???

It actually amazes me that someone is willing to wax nearly £4000 on insurance, [-X after all it is just dead money..!! most I would ever pay is £1k

I actually pay less than £500 but I'm ten years older than you!! :D

madrab

Advanced Member
mate just go for it, dc5 is an amazing car, dont listen to people who say your to young i think there forgetting what it was like to have so much disposable income you can do anything if you've got the cash go for it, its only money after all you cant take it with you, whatever makes you happy

bullshit that because he's 18 and just passed his test he's going to crash. yes he has a higher chance than someone with a bit more experience, but generally you only crash if you drive like fud and not every 18 does that

kelvin_huang

I am 22 and my expirences is that you should try somemore cars, different type of cars before you try this one. It will be more good for yourself to feel about cars, to enjoy cars, to love cars. I past my licence when I was 18, at that time I was hoping to get a subaru impreza sti, however, I did not. my first car was a 1.8T beattle, 2nd civic ep3, 3rd golf v5, 4th bmw 318, 5th bmw 330, 6th subaru impreza wrx, 7th lexus is200, 8th adui a6 3.2t 9th first dc5, 10th golf 1.6, 11th audi s4 4.2, 12th second dc5 which is the one I am driving atm and I love the dc5 much more than the sti which used to me my dream car.
I know how is feel to be saying that you are too young too drive such car like this, I had been in the same situation before, however, after all this, I realised that most people's saying was true, all this things saying putting your self and others in risk as you are too young dont have experencies etc etc.
I know a guy who bought a 350hp rx7 before he had a driving licience just because he like the shape of it and his parents have money, and now the rx7 is sitting there because he dont know how to drive it, he had been out once and stoped by the police, the police said its suisai for him to drive this thing.
If a guy dont have the ability to handle a 220hp car, will it be fun to drive a dc5? will you still be able to enjoy having a honda vtec red top engine?
what I suggest is think about what you really want to do, dont rush to buy a car, if you see a dc5, post the link here, I believe ppl in here will more than happy to help you and give you advices. at the end of the day, it is totally up to youself.

rodney

Advanced Member
madrab said:
excrement that because he's 18 and just passed his test he's going to crash. yes he has a higher chance than someone with a bit more experience, but generally you only crash if you drive like fud and not every 18 does that
=D>

Tell me squire what is going to make you drive like a camel, a 1.2 corsa or a high revving 220 brake Type R :?:

Please also inform me as to how quickly the two cars get up to speed :?:

It's absolute lunacy but OP, go for it, pay 4k for insurance :!:

It's certainly given me a chuckle, I hope you are not in the Surrey area, a friend died whilst in a car when she was 18, two other friends in the car, one the driver survived. By all accounts he was driving like tool. Was he in a sensible car for his age and ability-no. He was in a trevved up 205 GTI.

My 2p

](*,)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
chazzyw said:
someone is getting awful angry here are we, my parents knows im sensible enough to not be stupid in it, end of the day i always think, yes its a fast car but u don't have to drive fast all the time do you?
you're 18, you will be stupid in it, thats what 18 year olds do, why would you want such a fast car unless you want to drive it fast? they are not so good when driven slowly, even in the lower gears once in vtec you will be breaking the speedlimits and have got there very quickly. dont forget all us oldies were 18 once too ;)

good luck to you , and all the other road users near where you live.

p1tse

Advanced Member
i do agree, as i'm a sensible person and even friends call me miss daisy when driving now, but i enjoy a sprint now and again

but when i was 18 still with a sensible head for my age, you think you are invincible, drive on the limit for FUN without too much respect

you'll find yourself one month down the line after getting used to the car and then pushing on and on alot more

civic17_99

Advanced Member
chazzyw said:
someone is getting awful angry here are we, my parents knows im sensible enough to not be stupid in it, end of the day i always think, yes its a fast car but u don't have to drive fast all the time do you?
Easier said than done my friend, there is always that temptation to put your foot down especialy when your a new driver.

vtecz

Advanced Member
Your parents seem to have more money than sense here, just build your way up your still young plenty time in life for cars

p1tse

Advanced Member
fair enough parents have money

but paying insurance which is half to a third of the price of the car is silly

would say fair shout if it was a new 911 or r8.

when i was 18 a friend was on family trade insurance so managed to insure and drive, dc2, pulsars, and other quick cars. he even raced from a young age. but even a mgf on a dodgy road caught him out, lucky nothing major.

maybe consider a civic type-s even that is quick for an 18 year old

at 18 when you don't have bills to pay for you have a heavy right foot under temptation. i drive 99% like miss daisy as fuel bill and tyres cost would be insane

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
£3800 for insurance + 18 years old + just passed your test + 220BHP high performance motor for your first car = More money than sense

Mark_teg

Staff member
:eek:
Thinking about it £3800 is a cheap quote for his situation, Im very surprised he even found somebody to give him a price at all. I bet a lot of insurers just laughed :xlol:
Dont get me wrong, Im in no way condoning him to get a DC5. But when I was 17/18 I had a 1.2 8v 54bhp Corsa for which I payed £875, then my insurance was £1100 TPFT :!:
:arrow: So what Im trying to say is my insurance was more than the car, and I dont know of any DC5s for sale for less than £3800 :xlol:

I bet that quote was on a DC2 :xconfused: :xyes:
And probably with mam as main driver

Aly

Advanced Member
tbh if you take the time to learn the car and your own driving limits then you will be fine.

After just passing my test driving my mums 1.2 seat it felt like a rocket ship! driving a 220bhp jap monster is gonna be very dangerous and the normal things you would learn when driving a slower car at a slower speed etc (back end sliding out randomly, making decisions to avoid possible crashes) will be happening alot faster and with no experience of these things happening its gonna end in tears and a box with ur name on it.

Id seriously consider going for somthin not as fast. It would seem you have loads of cash to waste, why not buy somthing nice for a year? get used to the roads and what happens out there when it goes wrong.