Looking for a good garage

MadMaxCTR

Advanced Member
Hi guys,

I've got a major issue with my DC5 to do with the MAP's sensor (low voltage) which in turn puts the Teg into safe mode (rpm <3,000).

I've replaced the sensor with a second hand one but still have the same issue so need to get it checked out. Was planning to see Tom at TGM for my service/MOT iN August but clearly this can't wait. Don't want to try and drive the 120 miles to Fleet with the car in its current state so was hoping to find a local garage (with some sort of DC5 knowledge/experiance) as i've taken it to a few people who don't know where to start.

Cheers in advance, Max

raz786

Advanced Member
Make the trip to TGM earlier than planned perhaps? Although at 3000rpm that's difficult. How far are TDI north in warrington??

Vtec Accord

Speak to Rich @ http://www.performance-autoworks.co.uk/index.php 60 miles from you and well worth the drive!

:)

CUJ

Advanced Member
Speak to Rich @ http://www.performance-autoworks.co.uk/index.php 60 miles from you and well worth the drive!

Thanks for this, I'm looking for somewhere to get my 50k mile service done in the next couple of months - I take it you would recommend these chaps then, have you had any DC5 work done there yourself?

I actually emailed tgm two weeks ago and, susprisingly, didn't get a reply; they were gong to be my first choice.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
its always best to call TGM, as they have no-one dedicated in the office at the mo.

Dan2020

Advanced Member
Ring TDI north, there not that far from you and they will try to help you over the phone if they can!

Vtec Accord

Thanks for this, I'm looking for somewhere to get my 50k mile service done in the next couple of months - I take it you would recommend these chaps then, have you had any DC5 work done there yourself?

I actually emailed tgm two weeks ago and, susprisingly, didn't get a reply; they were gong to be my first choice.
Always best to give them a call.

I have been taking various Hondas to Rich for the last 7yrs. He has a vast knowledge of all things Honda so you will be in very safe and trustworthy hands.

kazmo

Advanced Member
its always best to call TGM, as they have no-one dedicated in the office at the mo.
lol..... i spoke to Tom in person last time i was there, phoned a few times to remind him, and i'm still waiting for him to call me back with a price for some Mugen goodies i wanted... Waiting 14 months now and counting!

CUJ

Advanced Member
Always best to give them a call.

I have been taking various Hondas to Rich for the last 7yrs. He has a vast knowledge of all things Honda so you will be in very safe and trustworthy hands.

Spoken to them both now, so thanks again for the heads up, really appreciate that. As I'm in Cheltenham, Fairford would seem favourite for what I need to get done.

And sorry for semi hi-jacking the thread, hope the OP can get his issues sorted.