Looking for an exaust... what to do about the cat?

rick c

Advanced Member
I'm looking at replacing my Mugen Twinloop with something a little less sociable :twisted: I definitely don't want something over the top though (no J's 70RR!) and ideally 95db or under for tracks.

I spied the Buddy Club Pro Spec, anything else you think might fit my bill?

Looking at the picture on the above site it looks like the 3 pieces would replace the catalytic converter, is that right? Or would I need a seperate decat? Can I run the buddyclub with the catalytic converter for MOTs?

If I decide to sell the Twinloop how much can I expect to get for it? The car's on 13k miles so I imagine the exhaust has done less than 10k.

mikegsi

Staff member
theres better gear than buddyclub out there

also depends on what shape you want the tail pipe, there was a link to some exhaust tests on youtube, try checking that out, im sure it was made a sticky

rick c

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
theres better gear than buddyclub out there

also depends on what shape you want the tail pipe, there was a link to some exhaust tests on youtube, try checking that out, im sure it was made a sticky
I'm also on a bit of a budget so no full Titanium exhaust for me [-(

I've heard good things about the Buddyclub. What would be recommended then?

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I'm in a similar situation with my exhaust except mine is too loud for track use and after asking the same question on this forum my conclusion was yes there are better exhausts out there but for the money the Buddyclub is going to be my choice can't be matched for the price atm.

rick c

Advanced Member
Will a spoon decat fit the Twinloop then? And would it also fit something like the Buddyclub if I then decide to change the exhaust as well?

Don't want to change the exhaust manifold really