looking for info on k24 engine build

viggen

Advanced Member
hello.looking for info on a k24 build.basicly i know nothing about engines.the build will be on a 2004/2005 accord 2.4 type s

is it k24 bottom end from a accord type s.and k20 dc5 head?

what parts are needed?a list of all parts would be nice

price?what budget do i need

can i use kpro or k100 ecu?

what bhp and torque should i expect to see?any chance i can get 250+ bhp.(am i dreamimg)without spending millions

links to k24 builds would be great

whar rpm does vtec kick in and rev limit?

please keep it simple for me.lol

thanks

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
My brother did a K20/24 frank on his wife's del sol mate. Hi threads are on civic life

Also there are people on there that could shed some light on this one mate.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Read the cams thread a few down from this, I think there is a link to a complete breakdown of how to do the build

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Quite a few people have done it on Club RSX forum i think, so you might be able to find some information on there.

viggen

Advanced Member
its a good read.problem seems to be that nobody makes a programable ecu for the accord type s.that works proply.
and speaking to tdi north its goin to cost £4k in parts alone.to get from 190bhp to 240bhp.

viggen

Advanced Member
pulpmelon

Do you know if a AEM FIC controller will work correctly in the accord type s?

AP-Performance

I have mapped a couple of Euro R Accords 2003/2004 the wiring is probably similar in which case you can run a Hondata Kpro ecu along side standard ecu with a specially made harness. Let me know if you need a contact to purchase ecu and harness from.

viggen

Advanced Member
can i ask how much the harness is?i was looking on ebay for tsx ecu to kpro.then use the harness.but i how just thinking its goin to be easier to buy an accord euro r cl7.but they are twice the price of a uk accord type s.2003 accord euro r cl7 with 60k miles is £10k.that seems a lot

mike.williams

Advanced Member
its a good read.problem seems to be that nobody makes a programable ecu for the accord type s.that works proply.
and speaking to tdi north its goin to cost £4k in parts alone.to get from 190bhp to 240bhp.
What parts are you refering to?

viggen

Advanced Member
internal engine parts plus ecu

ap do you mean wireing to the ecu needs to be the same

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Aem FIC can control vtec , BUT NOT ivtec.

If you are putting it in the teg why are you worried about the wiring? You only want the mechanical parts of the engine surely? You will use sensors off the dc5 and a kpro , unless I'm missing something huge here ??