Looking for new coilovers

Cam

Advanced Member
I'm looking into changing the Tein Super Street coilovers that have been on the Teg since buying it over six years ago... they've always been pretty brutal on bumpy roads and as I'm getting on a bit 👴🏻 I'm looking for something which caters for comfort as well as spirited driving.

After a bit of digging on here, these are the two that have been recommended:

Bilstein B14
Bilstein B16 PSS9

I've read I'd need EP3 track rod ends... would this still apply as I currently have Tein fitted? Not sure if it's been done previously.

Anything else worth doing whilst swapping them?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The Area Motorsport YSR coilovers look good. I'd probably still go for Bilstein if it were me but I know of some forum members running the Yellowspeeds and they get rave reviews.

MikeH89

Another recommendation for Meister R here. Priced well and great quality.

Comfort is what I had been most concerned with, at 15/17 clicks they are very compliant and a far superior ride quality over OEM on the roads around me (subjective of course)

You'll probably need the EP3 track rod ends with the B14's, as the Super Street wouldn't have been an EP3 coilover I doubt so therefore designed with the larger diameter taper on the DC5 track rod ends.

Cam

Advanced Member
Appreciate the replies, will look at the Meister's as well. :)

Mebz

Advanced Member
I've got Grinspeeds YCW coilovers which come with the caster mounts as well.

Can highly recommend grinspeed with these.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Personally out of all those mentioned I would go for Bilsteins (B14 or B16) depending on your car's main use as the quality is flawless. They have been in the game a lot longer are known for being great quality and durability etc. If however you want to have all the adjustability in the world then you would have to consider others as the only way to have adjustable camber on the top mounts with Bilsteins I have found is by use of another brand of top mount, Nitron can supply these).

I have B16's to go on mine and unless you are competing with adjustable arms and bolts I think B16's would be good enough (especially if it's a road car with some track use), if going mainly track or competition personally I would then go into another league. Gaz, Nitron, AST (Aragosta) but then you are looking at circa 4K...

Best in all the normal ones under 2K mentioned imo are B16's but you will need EP3 track rod ends and some washers.